Sign in to follow this  
Robin

Graphics glitch, probably emulator specific

4 posts in this topic

So, I'm back to BNW with 1.8.5 and a new raspberry pi RetroPie setup.

My problem: I get weird menu glitches. Excuse the awful picture, but one version of the bugginess is in the attached picture. I'm using the new(ish) default window color. Instead of the gradient, though, I get to this buggy looking block pattern in the save menu and when I'm naming characters. The other half is that during battle the battle window flickers to black periodically. I can't nail down what's triggering the flickering, I can't get it to happen reliably, but it happens often enough that it's multiple times per battle. 

I tried the patched ROM on my phone (SNES9x EX+) and it's fine. I've tried the unpatched ROM on my raspberry pi and it's ok. So, does anyone happen to know enough or have a similar setup and have the time/willingness to help? If there's a setting or group of settings I need to fiddle with I can do the legwork from there, I just don't really know where to start. I could just play on my phone again, but I'd really like to play on a big screen. 

20170526_142538.jpg

•    Another emulator-specific issue involves the battle interface randomly "flashing" whenever an
    action is about to take place; this seems related to using the SNES9x Next (AKA SNES9x 201) core
    with RetroArch and can be fixed be switching to standard SNES9x

RetroArch usually has pretty outdated libraries. You can update them or switch RetroArch over to use real Medafen/Snes9x internally. Helps with Pi to not have too many hoops to jump through.. Worked for my Zero to link straight to latest mednafen.