About This File
Chrono Cross meets Bravely Default in this re-imagination of Final Fantasy 5 with additional jobs and mechanics.
The main ideas were to make the battles more dynamic and give each character more, well, character.
As a result of that every character has now access to an individualized job list of 21 out of total 31 jobs (freelancer is NOT available)
while each job level now has a permanent impact on a character's stats.
For example klutz Bartz can not be a chemist and Lenna hasn't in her to go Berserker.
More dynamic battles are achieved via !Brave, !Def and field elements.
Move a future turn to now with !Brave or take two turns at a later point with !Def while modifying the field elements to your liking with each skill or ability used.
Changed field elements affect damage, healing and status effect chance.
- all party members can be renamed at any time
- difficulty can be adjusted via in-game menu
- elements play a larger role extending to every item, ability, status effect and monster
- rebalance of equipment, spells, abilities and enemies
- several additional jobs and reworks of existing jobs
- instead of helm, armor and relic you can now equip 3 relics
- relics add a mix of resistances, weaknesses and power bonuses to same-element attacks
- spells scale with weapon power keeping them relevant until the end
- spell lists have been altered, e.g. Fire1/2/3 was reduced to just Fire and there are now new spells replacing the missing spells
- items are not consumed but introduce a cooldown on !Item, !Mix, !Drink and !Throw
- auto-heal some HP after battle victory (trade-off for disabled potions)
- ATB does not proceed until the currently active actor is finished with their turn, but then moves instantly to the next event
- most importantly - a New Game Plus mode!
What's New in Version 1.130 See changelog
- changed battle RNG so that more than 256 states are possible during the same battle
- !Brave now additionally grants +20 accuracy for that turn
- added a dedicated boss flag for protection vs death by poison/HP leak and status resistance
- monster now get a short time of increased status resistance after getting afflicted by a status (duration varies by status inflicted)
- changed monster %maxHP damage skills to be based on expected maxHP for the level instead of actual maxHP
- monster %maxHP damage skills are additionally subject to the target's m.def, m.eva, VIT and MAG
- edited AI of Sol Canon
- edited AI of Galura
- removed heavy flag from Ramuh again
- monster now use their magic stat as base stat for level based magic (e.g. snowstorm) instead of their level
- increased accuracy of monster specials
- berserk now increases crit chance and reduces accuracy and magic power
- fixed a bug with cursor position for new skill menues after opening !blue menu
- fixed a bug that made certain attacks deal double the intended damage on expert
- reduced NG+ expert level scaling
- reduced Terrain/SonicBoom from 3/4 to 1/2 damage
- Tule magic shop now additionally sells Time/Bleed and Summon/Chocobo spells - for single job or sage stone purposes
- increased cooldown of potion from 3 to 5
- increased cooldown of hi-potion from 7 to 9
- increased cooldown of ether from 5 to 6
- reduced STR, MAG and evade growth of monster
- changed swords, lances, katana from STR/VIT scaling to pure STR scaling
- Istory now sells all 8 absorb/high resistance amulets
- changed prices of absorb element amulets to 30000
- changed prices of high resistance amulets to 18000
- replaced Jade accessoire with Guard Ring: auto-armor/shell buffs
- Protect Ring has increased regen ticks compared to regular