About This File
Chrono Cross meets Bravely Default in this re-imagination of Final Fantasy 5.
The main ideas were to make the battles more dynamic and give each character more, well, character.
As a result of that every character has now access to an individualized job list of 21 out of total 31 jobs (freelancer is NOT available)
while each job level now has a permanent impact on a character's stats.
For example klutz Bartz can not be a chemist and Lenna hasn't in her to go Berserker.
More dynamic battles are achieved via !Brave, !Def and field elements.
Move a future turn to now with !Brave or take two turns at a later point with !Def while modifying the field elements to your liking with each skill or ability used.
Changed field elements affect damage, healing and status effect chance.
- all party members can be renamed at any time
- difficulty can be adjusted via in-game menu
- elements play a larger role extending to every item, ability, status effect and monster
- rebalance of equipment, spells, abilities and enemies
- instead of helm, armor and relic you can now equip 3 relics
- relics add a mix of resistances, weaknesses and power bonuses to same-element attacks
- spells scale with weapon power keeping them relevant until the end
- spell lists have been altered, e.g. Fire1/2/3 was reduced to just Fire and there are now new spells replacing the missing spells
- items are not consumed but introduce a cooldown on !Item, !Mix, !Drink and !Throw
- auto-heal some HP after battle victory (trade-off for disabled potions)
- ATB does not proceed until the currently active actor is finished with their turn, but then moves instantly to the next event
- most importantly - a New Game Plus mode!
What's New in Version 0.710 See changelog
- added abilities for Crusader job
- can now speed up spell animations by holding any of the 4 face buttons
- changed HP display in !Scan, now displays HP per segment instead of total value
- scan now shows if the target is undead
- reverted save anywhere
changed the way defense is used in damage calculation from (atk - def) * m to (atk - defA) * m * (250 - defB) / 256
for player defA=defB = regular def
for monster defB is globally 100 if neutral and defA = (VIT * defB) / 256; VIT for monster is their unmodified level, capped at 70
- reduced weakness damage from x2 to x1.5
- increased attack power of weapons by about 80%
adjusted defense modifying effects
defense piercing moves now ignore 50% defense and have -25% attack (works out to a break even on neutral defense)
defense halving spells now decrease defense by an amount that would result in the target taking 20% more damage compared to before for each cast, capped at 0 defense
axes treat defense as if one extra cast of guard off was used
changed spellblade/tempr from 25% defense ignoring to flat -20
changed spellblade/flare from 100% defense ignoring to only 50%
elemental absorb keeps def = 0 but also gets atk/2
- moved shop items around, including adding a wind type shield to the first shop
- added several previously unobtainable items to shops, including slayer knife, legend jewel, hero shield, ...
- adjusted several item prices
- shields no longer add defense or magic defense; all standard elemental shields have fixed 15% evade
- HP leak now provides damage numbers
- HP leak is now blocked if the damage part of the original attack was absorbed
- status effect duration for stop, stun and doom is now affected by the weakness to said element; e.g. if weak to water doom gives 15 "seconds" instead of 30
- fixed certain status durations getting cut in half
- single target physical skills can now use the regular weapon attack animation instead of a pseudo spell animation
- changed Potion heal from 50-1250 to 60-1200, heal at 3x (starting value) is up from 64 to 75; old value = new value was at 68x
- changed Hi-Potion heal from 120-2500 to 250-3000
- increased attack power for unarmed attacks with brawl ability
- increased cooldown for Hi-Potions from 5 to 7
- replaced potion in beginner house with hi-potion
- increased time for the karnak castle escape from 10:00 to 15:03 minutes
- fixed a bug that made goblin punch apply the temper bonus twice
- fixed a bug that turned damage randomly to 4 digits
- fixed a bug that caused softlock on killing stopped enemies
- fixed a bug that made physical skills target magic defense
- fixed a bug in the end of turn calculation that could cause a variety of bugs, like soft potions not working or crashing the game
- fixed a bug that granted shards on escape from random encounters after beating a boss
- fixed startup time of !Jump
- flagged Gilgamesh's jump attack properly as earth elemental
- finesse/weaken now also lowers magic evade
- heavy type enemies now add 2 field icons per action
- enemies affected with mini/toad now keep their names
- fixed an issue with displaying 4 enemy type names; ignored 4th+ name (only space for 3 names anyway)
- altered monster speed curve by level, difficulty, species modifier
- increased gold drop from monster in main game, reduced for ng+
- increased monster exp gain at low levels, decreased for high levels
- monster attack power modifier no longer varies by difficulty
- increased influence of level on monster damage from 5 to 8 and reduced early game damage