About This File
Chrono Cross meets Bravely Default in this re-imagination of Final Fantasy 5 with additional jobs and mechanics.
The main ideas were to make the battles more dynamic and give each character more, well, character.
As a result of that every character has now access to an individualized job list of 21 out of total 31 jobs (freelancer is NOT available)
while each job level now has a permanent impact on a character's stats.
For example klutz Bartz can not be a chemist and Lenna hasn't in her to go Berserker.
More dynamic battles are achieved via !Brave, !Def and field elements.
Move a future turn to now with !Brave or take two turns at a later point with !Def while modifying the field elements to your liking with each skill or ability used.
Changed field elements affect damage, healing and status effect chance.
- all party members can be renamed at any time
- difficulty can be adjusted via in-game menu
- elements play a larger role extending to every item, ability, status effect and monster
- rebalance of equipment, spells, abilities and enemies
- several additional jobs and reworks of existing jobs
- instead of helm, armor and relic you can now equip 3 relics
- relics add a mix of resistances, weaknesses and power bonuses to same-element attacks
- spells scale with weapon power keeping them relevant until the end
- spell lists have been altered, e.g. Fire1/2/3 was reduced to just Fire and there are now new spells replacing the missing spells
- items are not consumed but introduce a cooldown on !Item, !Mix, !Drink and !Throw
- auto-heal some HP after battle victory (trade-off for disabled potions)
- ATB does not proceed until the currently active actor is finished with their turn, but then moves instantly to the next event
- most importantly - a New Game Plus mode!
What's New in Version 1.100 See changelog
replaced reequip config option with "core rules" option
-basic = default
-expert = can't revive, damage multiplier is truncated roughly like in vanilla, enemies get [75..150]% damage variance and scale up when the party is too high levelled
- on difficulty 1 with expert mode bosses drop 2 void shards instead of 1
- added diminishing returns to experience bonus from void shards; before ~300% at 99 shards now 150%
- automatic equip optimize after job/ability change is now always disabled
- battles get auto-reset after game over
- magic evade and rod element boost (NOT MightAmp) now affect status chance/damage
- changed rare steal chance from 10/256 to (AGL-10)/256
- physical techs now profit from weapons that are more effective against certain creature types; bonus for techs is slightly higher against targets with high maxHP
- new skill sets now respect memory cursor (though they have to share the position among them)
- spellblade element attacks no longer auto-miss against greater resistance
- added new rod "Water" to Karnak escape, replaces an elixir
- edited typing and m.evade of several bosses
- fire rune now blocks HP leak status
- mirage ring no longer provides an image, instead it grants +35 evade
- reflect ring now refreshes on turn end
- enemies that reacted specifically to !fight now react to non-magical abilities
- fixed damage overflow against aegis parry in a multihit spell (e.g. reflected from barriers)
- fixed some text issues
- fixed Gilgamesh's exploder against Necrofobe not working properly
- fixed mimic'd !throw choosing an unrelated item as projectile
- fixed a bug that made damage often reduce HP by 1 more than displayed
- fixed a bug that applied the dual wield penalty to unarmed fighting
- fixed an overflow bug on high level brawl with kaiser claw and elemental amp
- reduced unarmed attack and m.attack growth
- unarmed/brawl no longer has damage variance
- equip menu now shows unarmed attack value for characters with brawl ability
- equip menu now shows dual wielding again as sum of values instead of average
- toad status now correctly blocks the new skills from being used