About This File
Chrono Cross meets Bravely Default in this re-imagination of Final Fantasy 5.
The main ideas were to make the battles more dynamic and give each character more, well, character.
As a result of that every character has now access to an individualized job list of 21 out of total 31 jobs (freelancer is NOT available)
while each job level now has a permanent impact on a character's stats.
For example klutz Bartz can not be a chemist and Lenna hasn't in her to go Berserker.
More dynamic battles are achieved via !Brave, !Def and field elements.
Move a future turn to now with !Brave or take two turns at a later point with !Def while modifying the field elements to your liking with each skill or ability used.
Changed field elements affect damage, healing and status effect chance.
- all party members can be renamed at any time
- difficulty can be adjusted via in-game menu
- elements play a larger role extending to every item, ability, status effect and monster
- rebalance of equipment, spells, abilities and enemies
- instead of helm, armor and relic you can now equip 3 relics
- relics add a mix of resistances, weaknesses and power bonuses to same-element attacks
- spells scale with weapon power keeping them relevant until the end
- spell lists have been altered, e.g. Fire1/2/3 was reduced to just Fire and there are now new spells replacing the missing spells
- items are not consumed but introduce a cooldown on !Item, !Mix, !Drink and !Throw
- auto-heal some HP after battle victory (trade-off for disabled potions)
- ATB does not proceed until the currently active actor is finished with their turn, but then moves instantly to the next event
- most importantly - a New Game Plus mode!
What's New in Version 0.766 See changelog
- added abilities for Arcanist job
- failure to inflict a status effect now instead generates "status damage" equivalent to status chance / 4
- status damage is reset to 0 the next time a status effect succeeds
- existing status damage is added to the raw chance to suffer a status effect
- status damage is shared across all status effects and unique for each unit
- greatly increased effect of status resistance (from equip or monster species) on chance to suffer from a status effect
- monster no longer have any native specific status resistance
- when a monster receives a non-self inflicted status effect it gains the status resistance to that ailment
- after losing a live, monster lose status resistance to some types; if remaining lives are odd, those of fire, ice, bolt and wind type, else the rest
- changed monster skill circle from non-elemental "remove from battle" effect to a regular ice-type death effect
- x-zone, doom and HP-to-1 share the resistance with regular death effect
- reflect ring now only grants wall status for one reflect
- wall status duration gets reduced by half each time a spell is reflected
- simplified rule for spell reflection; now only white/black and time spells are reflectable except those that create physical phenomenon (quake, comet,..), HP/MP steal and dispel
- against spell damage monster now use p.evade or m.evade whichever is lower instead of always m.evade; m.evade is intended as generic status resistance
- increased accuracy of Finesse/Weaken from 127 to 255
- increased accuracy of Esemte/Size Up from 100 to 127
- fixed stomps defense pierce property
- fixed twincuts damage property (75% damage instead of 50% attack x 200% damage = no change)
- reduced X-Magic power from 13/16 to 3/4
- mute now also reduces magic base damage by 25% and magic heal power by 50%
- white/heal and white/dispel are now affected by masscast; animations had to be changed
- added a delay to the first monster turn; 30 atb ticks for fixed encounters (bosses) and [10..70] for random formations (each monster gets its own penalty)
- berserk status no longer alters monster ai
- berserk status now makes the target give and take 50% more damage
- new icons for earth and belt - blame BlackLiquidSorrow
- increased rate at which BraveBlade loses attack from 1 per escape to 20 on the first escape and 15 on subsequent escapes to a minimum of 1 attack power
- reduced Merugene's HP and removed her (scannable) weakness, now only neutral to those elements
- changed HP calculation from baseHP*(VIT+32)/32 to baseHP*(VIT+40)/64
- increased baseHP by level from (Lv1..30..99) 120..1534..2066 to 200..2000..3000
- reduced monster STR/MAG stat growth (Lv60 base is down from 57 to 43)
- reduced monster AGL growth (Lv60 base is down from 36 to 31)
- reduced monster EXP growth (Lv60 base is down from 883 to 501)
- white/pure now cures HP leak and status damage
- white/blink and !image now only give 1 image instead of 2
- reduced cost of white/blink from 17 to 12
- changed GilToss damage to 130 power VIT based physical earth spell