About This File
Chrono Cross meets Bravely Default in this re-imagination of Final Fantasy 5 with additional jobs and mechanics.
The main ideas were to make the battles more dynamic and give each character more, well, character.
As a result of that every character has now access to an individualized job list of 21 out of total 31 jobs (freelancer is NOT available)
while each job level now has a permanent impact on a character's stats.
For example klutz Bartz can not be a chemist and Lenna hasn't in her to go Berserker.
More dynamic battles are achieved via !Brave, !Def and field elements.
Move a future turn to now with !Brave or take two turns at a later point with !Def while modifying the field elements to your liking with each skill or ability used.
Changed field elements affect damage, healing and status effect chance.
- all party members can be renamed at any time
- difficulty can be adjusted via in-game menu
- elements play a larger role extending to every item, ability, status effect and monster
- rebalance of equipment, spells, abilities and enemies
- several additional jobs and reworks of existing jobs
- instead of helm, armor and relic you can now equip 3 relics
- relics add a mix of resistances, weaknesses and power bonuses to same-element attacks
- spells scale with weapon power keeping them relevant until the end
- spell lists have been altered, e.g. Fire1/2/3 was reduced to just Fire and there are now new spells replacing the missing spells
- items are not consumed but introduce a cooldown on !Item, !Mix, !Drink and !Throw
- auto-heal some HP after battle victory (trade-off for disabled potions)
- ATB does not proceed until the currently active actor is finished with their turn, but then moves instantly to the next event
- most importantly - a New Game Plus mode!
What's New in Version 0.782 See changelog
- fixed a bug that sometimes made hero1 drop to 0 health after battle
- fixed a bug in summon spell animations