About This File
Chrono Cross meets Bravely Default in this re-imagination of Final Fantasy 5.
The main ideas were to make the battles more dynamic and give each character more, well, character.
As a result of that every character has now access to an individualized job list of 21 out of total 31 jobs (freelancer is NOT available)
while each job level now has a permanent impact on a character's stats.
For example klutz Bartz can not be a chemist and Lenna hasn't in her to go Berserker.
More dynamic battles are achieved via !Brave, !Def and field elements.
Move a future turn to now with !Brave or take two turns at a later point with !Def while modifying the field elements to your liking with each skill or ability used.
Changed field elements affect damage, healing and status effect chance.
- all party members can be renamed at any time
- difficulty can be adjusted via in-game menu
- elements play a larger role extending to every item, ability, status effect and monster
- rebalance of equipment, spells, abilities and enemies
- instead of helm, armor and relic you can now equip 3 relics
- relics add a mix of resistances, weaknesses and power bonuses to same-element attacks
- spells scale with weapon power keeping them relevant until the end
- spell lists have been altered, e.g. Fire1/2/3 was reduced to just Fire and there are now new spells replacing the missing spells
- items are not consumed but introduce a cooldown on !Item, !Mix, !Drink and !Throw
- auto-heal some HP after battle victory (trade-off for disabled potions)
- ATB does not proceed until the currently active actor is finished with their turn, but then moves instantly to the next event
- saving is always enabled
- most importantly - a New Game Plus mode!
What's New in Version 0.611 See changelog
- added info dumps to Beginner's House
- replaced evade% in equip/status with magic attack power
- added max job levels to status menu
- added experimental faster dash: hold Y instead of B to run even faster
- pierce now also makes attacks ignore up to 20 (magic) defense after other reductions like elemental weakness
- weakness hits against targets with excessive defense bypass some defense
- poison ticks against heavy targets get more infrequent over time, refreshed by applying poison again
- renamed MagicAmp to MightAmp
- MightAmp now also boosts non-elemental magic by 33% and weapon attack by 25%
- nerfed spellblade additional element factor from 2 to 1.25
- changed spellblade to actually add its element to the weapon's base element instead of only roling a second element check
- increased spellblade/tempr from flat +20 to +50% attack bonus
- added +20 flat attack to spellblade/flare
- increased double grip bonus for weapon attack from +25% to +33%
- increased double grip bonus for magic attack from +12% to +17%
- weapons now also have a weight
- weight recalculation is now also active during battle
- fixed in-battle calculation for evade reading wrong values
- fixed text for newly learned abilities
- fixed miscalculated status durations, e.g. underflowing paralyzation against bosses for infinite stun
- fixed certain in battle events not firing if the boss is stunned
- fixed several issues with the sandworm boss fight like too high HP, not having weaknesses, not giving exp, ...
- fixed !mix resulting in garbage spells
- "fixed" exploit with old status that reset old-penalty on equip change to 0; base stats now drop by 1 for player characters each tick
- decreased SolCanon HP, changed type from Holy+Wasser to Holy+Ice
- decreased Launcher (SolCanon add) HP, changed type from earth to water
- enemy resistances become strong resistances on difficulty 1-3 or absorb in New Game Plus
- Galuf lost access to BlackMage, instead gains Arcanist
- Faris lost access to TimeMage, instead gains Mimic
- MP gain from Ethers and Elixirs via !X-Item is now reduced to 33%
- shields can now not only remove their element from weaknesses but also upgrade the resistance to greater resistance