Sign in to follow this  
Lockirby2

Any comments I have for 2.0

9 posts in this topic

So far this is mostly just going to be a possible bug report for the Sasquatch fight.  On the first fight I had with him, he never used Primal Rage at all.  I restarted because I wanted to use fewer items, and on the second fight, he used Primal Rage every single turn (after the first couple of turns).  The only thing I remember doing differently was using some physical attacks on him to mug him.  Does that increment a variable that isn't set back to zero or something?

I haven't fully played through this game in while.  It's amusing that it ends up being more nostalgic than a vanilla playthrough for me. :P

If there are any specific aspects of the hack that you want feedback on, feel free to ask.

Edited by Lockirby2

Thanks brother, I'll look into that AI quirk.
I see here in his AI:

FC 0D 03 03    ; If variable VAR003 is greater than or equal to 3
F1 44          ; Targeting: random ally
AE             ; PrimalRoar
FC 09 36 00    ; If target self is not affected by status Dark
F4 16 16 16    ; Rand. cmd.: Jump or Jump or Jump
F8 03 00       ; Set VAR003 to 0
FE             ; End If and reset targeting
FC 0D 02 03    ; If variable VAR002 is greater than or equal to 3
F1 44          ; Targeting: random ally
AE             ; PrimalRoar
FC 09 36 00    ; If target self is not affected by status Dark
F4 16 16 16    ; Rand. cmd.: Jump or Jump or Jump
F8 02 00       ; Set VAR002 to 0
FE             ; End If and reset targeting

It looks like maybe if Dark status is set on him, he'll do that? Like skip Jump and the clearing of the VAR, keep casting PrimalRoar... Did Avalon maybe use Havoc on him and set Dark status?

Again I'll check it out firsthand here in a bit, just waking up! :D

EDIT: Yeah that seems to be it, he has a rather quick buildup for VAR002 and VAR003, then if he has dark status applied will not Jump and reset the VAR... Could use a little work!

Edited by Gi Nattak

I was spamming Psycho Blade, which is definitely what blinded him.  He must have been blinded the first time as well, but since I never attacked him the variable never incremented to begin with.

@Zig Yup! :)  I love the portrait that James made for my Moogle!

Two more things that I saw:

On the floating continent, during the cutscene with Zuriel, when the party regroups at the end, everybody walked the wrong direction.  Instead of walking onto the same spot and having everybody disappear, they all walked into different places and then the characters disappear.  It's a minor issue.

When I go to an item shop and hover my cursor over the Holy Water, Otis starts cheering as if he could equip it.  I'm in the WoR and I haven't recruited him yet, so I can't check if there's anything else to it, but I'm assuming this is a bug.

I also experienced the party walking the wrong way bug on the floating continent. 

When I dropped the weight off the rafters in the Opera house before killing the dragon, the cutscene worked as intended.  After killing the dragon, when I pushed the weight it turned into an antlion briefly as it was falling.

I didn't even know you could drop the weight like that.  Is that in the original game?