praetarius5018

Party Suggestions 2.0

253 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Nesouk said:

Also this 3 happen to have no shared element at all so Saber resist strat will not be an option.

Saber resist shouldn't work well for this team anyways due to Trials equipment neutralizing elements.

Thanks Nesouk and smileless for your recent suggestions! Being the Angela/Carlie freak that I am, I'm now running two teams in turn:

1) Wanderer, Grand Divina, Necromancer

2) Fenrir Knight, Rune Master, Bishop

This will give me a chance to use both Light and Dark Angela and Carlie for my first post-2.0 run. I'm as far as the first class change for both teams and will be posting more as I go.

Thinking more about Vanadise and her final weapon, Wanderer could also work well with her too with PIE capstone, tech build and being an awesome support, has anti-magic, might do some strat on mobs with Sleep Flower being multi target, Poison certain enemy and so on, and Warrior Monk with INT capstone, debuffs and heals. VIT or LUK capstone sounds goot in that setting for Vanadise.

Edited by smileless

If I equip Trials Buff armor on Swordmaster does he need to have his power up to take the desired effect or it doesn't matter if someone else casts power up on him?

He need to have his Power Up, the effect takes place only if the character cast Power Up on himself.

12 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

He need to have his Power Up, the effect takes place only if the character cast Power Up on himself.

I see, thanks

Edited by smileless

1 hour ago, Nesouk said:

to clarify it doesn't matter who casts power up,
it just matters that the receiver of the buff has the armor.

e.g. Duran with armor, Charlie without armor
Charlie casts power up on all:
Duran gets 200%
Charlie gets 125%

I am doing Nesouk's variation with Swordmaster replacing Runemaster, I will play a defensive approach in terms of capstones as party lacks status infliction spells like Runemaster.

Swordmaster - skip power up/Moon Saber

LUK capstone - increasing party crit resistance

Crit build:

Weapon: Yellow or bust/Crit by TP/Pure Critical

Helm: Crit Up/Swift

Armor: Trials Buff

Ring 1: Accuracy Up/Crit Up?

Ring 2: varies

Will test what works best in terms of builds

Vanadise - Skip Heal Light/Power Up

LUK capstone - party takes 1/8 less damage from spells

Mage build

Warrior Monk - the obvious INT capstone

Can also use shared element resistance by having Lise equip ice resistance ring vs mob fights, in that case maybe I might opt for Duran's STR capstone - enemies spawn with -15 p.def/m.def

Lise also has 3 other spells to spam vs mob fights, for bosses they will be buffed by Sabers/Mind Up/down/day bonus/capstone, same with Lise's summon

Edited by smileless

Played up to almost the Class 3 for now :

Power Attack build works quite nice, Lise does a lot of damage with Power Attack, the Super Armor is also nice basically giving you a Protect Up effect against regular physical, tough I think for most bosses using another weapon will be better, the Balanced one combine with MP Steal Ring is actually pretty good, later on when Kevin get Leaf Saber this could be a good combo with Lise and Power Attack Up ring (tested they stack).
That being said considering I'm on Dragon Emperor route I think I'm gonna forget Trials Buff armor for her since Angela going to run the full set that would leave me with only Warrior Monk who could use Counter, and while Darkshine Knight without counter is definitly possible I have high doubt for Crimson Wizard.

About Delvar since she has a little rework in the sense she no longer keeps the LV1 spells, I like it this really cement her as Sorceress opposite while Sorceress get AoE spells which makes her good against multi-target Delvar is the Single Target High DPS since we don't need to bother with PIE as it doesn't boost any of her spells, maxing her INT and LUK is fast and she reach some crazy damage especially when she hit a weakness, most mob die in one LV2 spell if they are weak to it.

And Kevin is still Kevin tough I wanted to focus on his AGL since he is my Healer I wanted to cast as fast as possible.... doesn't work that well even with max AGL (14) is casttime for Heal Light isn't great, I'm considering maybe trying the TP Quick Cast accessory with him this may work, as he can build TP decently fast now that he has a good AGL.

Edited by Nesouk

On 6/12/2021 at 1:46 PM, Nesouk said:

About Delvar since she has a little rework in the sense she no longer keeps the LV1 spells, I like it this really cement her as Sorceress opposite while Sorceress get AoE spells which makes her good against multi-target Delvar is the Single Target High DPS since we don't need to bother with PIE as it doesn't boost any of her spells, maxing her INT and LUK is fast and she reach some crazy damage especially when she hit a weakness, most mob die in one LV2 spell if they are weak to it.

Second this. Loving Thunderstorm this round.

I am focusing on my first team at the moment (Light Angela, Dark Carlie), so Nesouk, you will get to Ancient Curse or Meth Angela before me. I'm looking forward to your review; I'm still undecided on this set. It looks awesome for mobs but limiting in terms of options for boss fights, which are ultimately the most important.

4 hours ago, rpschamp said:

Second this. Loving Thunderstorm this round.

I am focusing on my first team at the moment (Light Angela, Dark Carlie), so Nesouk, you will get to Ancient Curse or Meth Angela before me. I'm looking forward to your review; I'm still undecided on this set. It looks awesome for mobs but limiting in terms of options for boss fights, which are ultimately the most important.

I'm gonna drop it, I already mentionned it to Prae on Discord I'm gonna do a more flesh out review, to sum it up for Normal Difficulty at least Rune Master with the Full Trial set is to good and I'm honnestly think we enter to the OP territory :

-Basically Ancient Curse is as if you had the Meta Sudden for all the spells, and this is just ridiculous with Rune Master and her LV3 Spells, every mobs weak to Petrify might as well die on the spot, mob weak to Silence get shut down instantly, and same or Snowman, and this basically make the only weakness of this build basically non-existant. The Helm makes her weak to LV2/3 Tech, problem is no mobs that can do this will have the time to throw them before bing shut down by Silence or instant Kill by Petrify, the only exception being Nightblade as this is the only mob that can cast his LV3 Tech as soon as he appears. And as for bosses by the time this set is accessible the only boss left that can use Tech is Darkshine Knight, so outside of him no worries on that side either.

-And then let's talk about bosses cause really with this set she cast her spells instantly, as a result her DPS is massive especially if there is a weakness to exploit, for instance on Land Umber once set she was doing 952 damage per Thunderstorm, I don't think I need to precise Land Umber was a totally one sided massacre, but she has an high DPS on pretty much any boss with a weakness, and also have the luxury to be the only spell caster that actually perform well on Dolan with her Final Weapon allowing her LV2 to bypass his resistance, and she was reaching 375 damage per cast, doesn't look much but considere the cast time is instant here. There is some exception thankfully like she doesn't perform very well on Mispolm for obvious reason or Xian Bhe cause he has a massive m.def.

-Also because we are not over yet add to this set her PIE Capstone, and top of being crazy DPS and mobs shutter Angela is also a freaking tank, yeah I know I put Angela and Tank in the same sentence, Trials Skill makes her immune to crit, Trials Helm increase p.def by 1.25 and with the PIE Capstone adding 28 defenses she ends up being the most tanky character of my team, and it's not even close, not mentionning the PIE capstone is glitched at the moment and doesn't give the +80 Max HP it's suppose to give.

-Also there is currently a glitch for some reasons the Trials Helm has a part the effect of the Defense weapon and it makes p.atk = p.def with the Helm multiplying p.def by 1.25, and the Trials Armor making Power Up buff x2 instead of x1.25 she also deals great physical damage.

So I think to sum up yeah Rune Master with the Ancient Curse set is OP, but to be fair I think having spellcast being instant on top of the other benefit the individual Trials equipment gives is just to good and the set doesn't give enough drawback to make up for it.

Tough once again I'm speaking for Normal on Hard this might play differently.

2 hours ago, Nesouk said:

I'm gonna drop it, I already mentionned it to Prae on Discord I'm gonna do a more flesh out review, to sum it up for Normal Difficulty at least Rune Master with the Full Trial set is to good and I'm honnestly think we enter to the OP territory :

-Basically Ancient Curse is as if you had the Meta Sudden for all the spells, and this is just ridiculous with Rune Master and her LV3 Spells, every mobs weak to Petrify might as well die on the spot, mob weak to Silence get shut down instantly, and same or Snowman, and this basically make the only weakness of this build basically non-existant. The Helm makes her weak to LV2/3 Tech, problem is no mobs that can do this will have the time to throw them before bing shut down by Silence or instant Kill by Petrify, the only exception being Nightblade as this is the only mob that can cast his LV3 Tech as soon as he appears. And as for bosses by the time this set is accessible the only boss left that can use Tech is Darkshine Knight, so outside of him no worries on that side either.

-And then let's talk about bosses cause really with this set she cast her spells instantly, as a result her DPS is massive especially if there is a weakness to exploit, for instance on Land Umber once set she was doing 952 damage per Thunderstorm, I don't think I need to precise Land Umber was a totally one sided massacre, but she has an high DPS on pretty much any boss with a weakness, and also have the luxury to be the only spell caster that actually perform well on Dolan with her Final Weapon allowing her LV2 to bypass his resistance, and she was reaching 375 damage per cast, doesn't look much but considere the cast time is instant here. There is some exception thankfully like she doesn't perform very well on Mispolm for obvious reason or Xian Bhe cause he has a massive m.def.

-Also because we are not over yet add to this set her PIE Capstone, and top of being crazy DPS and mobs shutter Angela is also a freaking tank, yeah I know I put Angela and Tank in the same sentence, Trials Skill makes her immune to crit, Trials Helm increase p.def by 1.25 and with the PIE Capstone adding 28 defenses she ends up being the most tanky character of my team, and it's not even close, not mentionning the PIE capstone is glitched at the moment and doesn't give the +80 Max HP it's suppose to give.

-Also there is currently a glitch for some reasons the Trials Helm has a part the effect of the Defense weapon and it makes p.atk = p.def with the Helm multiplying p.def by 1.25, and the Trials Armor making Power Up buff x2 instead of x1.25 she also deals great physical damage.

So I think to sum up yeah Rune Master with the Ancient Curse set is OP, but to be fair I think having spellcast being instant on top of the other benefit the individual Trials equipment gives is just to good and the set doesn't give enough drawback to make up for it.

Tough once again I'm speaking for Normal on Hard this might play differently.

Would he interesting if someone tried this on hard mode, looks like a well made team for that difficulty

Currently struggling with Bigieu, I think I will just pump Vanadise and Warrior Monk with def weapon and equipment, turn them into tanks and have them heal, while Swordmaster the main attacker. Even through shared ice resistance (Lise via ring) she deals a shit ton of damage, so only other way for this since I have two heal light users turn them into tanks also with def weapon since I don't want to sacrifice too much of their other slots because their stat up/down stats are also needed. And I don't think the VIT of my characters is that bad either (Duran and Kevin 23, Lise 24)

I think the bloody hunter set would go nicely with Swordmaster crit build thinking about it now. Would have been very much needed for this fight.

Edit: no matter how much I pump the def it doesn't matter so screw that strat, this time she killed my characters in one attack with her double hits or whatever that was. I will try later again this time by pumping evasion equipment and see how it works.

Edited by smileless

Honnestly I think Bigieu is my least favorite fight, I tried Pure Defense, I try Evasion Build I just don't see anything really working she hits so hard and so fast that you are guaranteed to get hit and killed at one point or another, my way to beat this bitch has always been with either Damage Reflection, or by baiting her to focus on characters that are casting spell (and can't die while doing so) so that I can do an hit and run strat with my main character, or spell casting with my caster and stay the fuck away from her going melee only if I need TP for using items.

1 hour ago, Nesouk said:

Honnestly I think Bigieu is my least favorite fight, I tried Pure Defense, I try Evasion Build I just don't see anything really working she hits so hard and so fast that you are guaranteed to get hit and killed at one point or another, my way to beat this bitch has always been with either Damage Reflection, or by baiting her to focus on characters that are casting spell (and can't die while doing so) so that I can do an hit and run strat with my main character, or spell casting with my caster and stay the fuck away from her going melee only if I need TP for using items.

Thanks for letting me know evasion builds wont work either, funny I switched on easy and even then she kills my characters at random, both her and Black Rabite are my least favorite bosses for sure to me.

Edited by smileless

Honnestly I think Black Rabite is more fair at least you can sorta delay and even avoid his attacks by running around, his moving speed is similar to yours, and at worst he hit 3 times in a row, Bigieu however is way faster than your characters you can't even run off to avoid direct confrontation, and she can do like 5-6 hits combos.

Edited by Nesouk

Continuing the run and I think I have a team of Girly power house here ^^.

Rune Master : Since the Trial Set makes her spells instant I have no need for AGL, and her PIE capstone raise defense strong enough I don't have to invest in VIT and PIE to heavily so I ended maximizing both her INT and LUK and as you can imagine she is deadly, if the target has a weakness to exploit that's usually around 800 damage with a LV2 spells + Mind Up + Mind Down + Corresponding Saber on bosses and around 500 on Neutral so yeah quite the madness, Magitec weapon works well on boss her LV3 tech does about 700 damage more than her elemental spell on neutral. Really Rune Master is a beast.

Vanadis : It took more time but the Power Attack build pay off, now that I maximize her STR and up her AGL quite a lot, she hit like a freaking truck and I don't even have Protect Down, but the Trials Armor + Power Attack Up + Kevin's INT capstone + Saber of corresponding weakness and she can reach 600-700 with a regular hit on average, Darkshine Knight who has a noticeably high p.def was taking 300 damage from her Power Attacks, she is a killer, and yet Vanadis has a downside for this build in the sense for bosses she needs to dedicate one of her ring slot to Meta Multi for bosses, otherwise the best to do this build would be to put the Balanced weapon and the MP Steal ring to exploit the Balanced's cooldown reduction (and it just so happen that the max MP you can drain in one hit is 5). I'm honnestly interested in how such a build would turn out on character that don't need to dedicate a ring slot like Vanadis.

14 hours ago, Nesouk said:

Vanadis : It took more time but the Power Attack build pay off, now that I maximize her STR and up her AGL quite a lot, she hit like a freaking truck and I don't even have Protect Down, but the Trials Armor + Power Attack Up + Kevin's INT capstone + Saber of corresponding weakness and she can reach 600-700 with a regular hit on average, Darkshine Knight who has a noticeably high p.def was taking 300 damage from her Power Attacks, she is a killer, and yet Vanadis has a downside for this build in the sense for bosses she needs to dedicate one of her ring slot to Meta Multi for bosses, otherwise the best to do this build would be to put the Balanced weapon and the MP Steal ring to exploit the Balanced's cooldown reduction (and it just so happen that the max MP you can drain in one hit is 5). I'm honnestly interested in how such a build would turn out on character that don't need to dedicate a ring slot like Vanadis.

Thinking of double hitters with this set up. Star Lancer and Dragonmaster are flexible in terms of builds so they could work too.

Bloody Hunter set would probably work nicely with those builds.

Edited by smileless

10 hours ago, Nesouk said:

Rune Master : Since the Trial Set makes her spells instant I have no need for AGL, and her PIE capstone raise defense strong enough I don't have to invest in VIT and PIE to heavily so I ended maximizing both her INT and LUK and as you can imagine she is deadly, if the target has a weakness to exploit that's usually around 800 damage with a LV2 spells + Mind Up + Mind Down + Corresponding Saber on bosses and around 500 on Neutral so yeah quite the madness, Magitec weapon works well on boss her LV3 tech does about 700 damage more than her elemental spell on neutral. Really Rune Master is a beast.

Duran also has a similar capstone like Angela, I wonder how trials set would fare with him. Duelist and his light classes mught benefit from that (unless you don't do crit build for swordmaster).

Edited by smileless

I finally beat Bigieu ffs man, so many tries I still went for defense builds, Lise eith Magitech tho and Duran with TP gain Up ring, even if it didn't matter much damage reduction is damage reduction, majority of the times I spent running around while sneaking in hits, Lise casted Holy Ball and Heal Light, Kevin Heal Light, as I slowly casted buffs and debuffs (power down and protect up at the beginning asap), Duran trying to sneak hits as she mauls the other two characters.

Not really that impressed of Swordmasters final weapon overall even with max LCK and analyze/energy ball, for mobs I used pure critical, bosses Crit by TP alternating between those two weapons.

6 hours ago, smileless said:

Duran also has a similar capstone like Angela, I wonder how trials set would fare with him. Duelist and his light classes mught benefit from that (unless you don't do crit build for swordmaster).

I think Duran work with any classes, personnaly I was thinking more of Lord, Hawk might work to on Rogue classes or Wanderer.

6 hours ago, smileless said:

Thinking of double hitters with this set up. Star Lancer and Dragonmaster are flexible in terms of builds so they could work too.

Bloody Hunter set would probably work nicely with those builds.

Bloody Hunter prevent Trials Buff armor tough, but would work for more defensive.

I kinda want to try a Death Bringer build, dunno with who tough.

1 hour ago, Nesouk said:

Bloody Hunter prevent Trials Buff armor tough, but would work for more defensive.

Well yeah in exchange for that you play more defensively, preferences

2 minutes ago, smileless said:

Well yeah in exchange for that you play more defensively, preferences

I wouldn't say defensivly both Deathbringer and Attack Up are low defense armor and the helms and rings require doesn't improve your defense so it can be quite risky.

11 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

I wouldn't say defensivly both Deathbringer and Attack Up are low defense armor and the helms and rings require doesn't improve your defense so it can be quite risky.

True, it's kinda like Fenrir Knight final weapon but for HP only.

1 hour ago, Nesouk said:

I kinda want to try a Death Bringer build, dunno with who tough.

How about Kevin/Hawk and not invest in their spell points but purely damage? With that in mind then you need other two characters to cover all the important spells.