Files posted by BTB
Sid Meier's Civilization is a series that requires no introduction, and its third offering is, in my humble opinion, the greatest of them all. One of my first major modding projects and arguably what set my modding career into motion was fine-tuning the rules of the base game in an attempt to forget that the expansions ever happened. There's not much to say about this one except that it's as balanced as I feel it's ever going to get; have a glance at the readme or the quick reference sheet if you want to know more, or just dive right in and let the Civilopedia be your guide.
My most recent and arguably most ambitious project to date, Brave New World is a joint effort between myself and a fellow by the name of Synchysi, the result of which is a complete overhaul of perhaps the most beloved entry in the long-running Final Fantasy series.
Our mod proudly features...
• Character-based esper restrictions & new stat boosts that promote greater diversity and allow for customized development
• New and reworked formulas which rescue everything that isn't magic or magic evasion from the dump-stat heap
• Rebalanced equipment, items, spells, and skills that aim to remove dead weight and give players more (and better) choices
• A complete overhaul of enemies from their stats to their behavior to better challenge veteran players and newcomers alike
• Tons of bugfixes, as well as remedies to many of the game's more annoying aspects (such as rage hunting taking a lifetime)
• A new script that restores much of what was lost in translation and builds on existing plotlines and characterization
• Much, much more
But even though much has changed, I think one player who blogged about our mod put it best when he wrote, "...the goal seems to be to celebrate what makes FFVI the game it is, rather than undoing it and making an entirely new game out of it." Verily, Brave New World is beyond all else everything I feel that Final Fantasy VI could (and should) have been if at least half of its dev team wasn't on crack. And as the above post continues on to suggest, our mod was created to be accessible to brand new players as much as it was to people who've played FFVI dozens - or even hundreds - of times.