About This File
By far my most ambitious project to date, Brave New World began as a joint effort between myself and a coder by the name of Synchysi to completely overhaul perhaps one of the most beloved entries in the long-running Final Fantasy series. It's since grown into a massive community project that's exceeded every expectation I could have possibly dreamed of. The end result is the product of hundreds upon thousands of man-hours from dedicated fans and something I am extremely proud to have been a part of.
Brave New World features...
- Individualized spell lists and multiple stat growth options for each character
- Re-coded formulas that promote diversity and allow stats to function as they should
- Completely rebalanced equipment, items, spells, and skills - and brand-new enemies to use them on
- Fixes for all major (and most minor) bugs along with a vast multitude of quality-of-life enhancements
- A new script that builds on existing characterization while remaining true to the spirit of the original
- ...much more!
But even though much has changed, I think one player who blogged about our mod put it best when he wrote, "...the goal seems to be to celebrate what makes FFVI the game it is, rather than undoing it and making an entirely new game out of it." Beyond all else, Brave New World is everything I feel that Final Fantasy VI could have been had Squaresoft had all of the time and resources available to them that we have today. And now, thanks to the efforts of the amazing community that has grown around this mod, it finally has the chance to be exactly that.
(If you're looking for my modder's resources for FF6, go here.)
What's New in Version 1.8.6 See changelog
• Added new hacks to lessen the effect of speed granting faster characters more turns over time and to increase its effect on the likelihood of getting first strike
• Added new hacks to allow speed to influence the likelihood of getting rare steals and for successful steal attempts to be treated as "free" actions
• Added a new hack allowing Gau to Leap on rageable formations outside of the Veldt and removed the scripting behavior where all "dog"-type enemies would forcibly target him
• Fixed a bug with the "Y-Equip Relics" hack where stat previews for changing equipment would display incorrectly after switching between menus
• Fixed a bug where the Quartrstaff and Doomstick would crash the game when using MP for critical hits
• Fixed a bug with Setzer's Dice where the animation would display incorrectly and also crash the game
• Fixed a bug with X-Fight where the X-Fight penalty and the dual-wield penalty were not stacking
• The Kagenui now has the correct stats
• Fixed the incorrect attack priorities on the Tumbleweed rage
• Fixed the Raiden summon (only accessible via Slots) to be identical to Odin
• Made a small change to Tiamat's script
• Added a(nother) hint about fighting Phunbaba to Terra's dialogue
• Adjusted the encounters near WoR Albrook to prevent solo Celes from getting into unfair fights
- With version 1.8.6:
Report this file