About This File
By far my most ambitious project to date, Brave New World began as a joint effort between myself and a coder by the name of Synchysi to completely overhaul perhaps one of the most beloved entries in the long-running Final Fantasy series. It's since grown into a massive community project that's exceeded every expectation I could have possibly dreamed of. The end result is the product of hundreds upon thousands of man-hours from dedicated fans and something I am extremely proud to have been a part of.
Brave New World features...
- Individualized spell lists and multiple stat growth options for each character
- Re-coded formulas that promote diversity and allow stats to function as they should
- Completely rebalanced equipment, items, spells, and skills - and brand-new enemies to use them on
- Fixes for all major (and most minor) bugs along with a vast multitude of quality-of-life enhancements
- A new script that builds on existing characterization while remaining true to the spirit of the original
- ...much more!
But even though much has changed, I think one player who blogged about our mod put it best when he wrote, "...the goal seems to be to celebrate what makes FFVI the game it is, rather than undoing it and making an entirely new game out of it." Beyond all else, Brave New World is everything I feel that Final Fantasy VI could have been had Squaresoft had all of the time and resources available to them that we have today. And now, thanks to the efforts of the amazing community that has grown around this mod, it finally has the chance to be exactly that.
(If you're looking for my modder's resources for FF6, go here.)
What's New in Version 1.7.4 See changelog
No changelog available for this version.
- With version 1.7.4: