BTB

Brave New World 2.0 Is Now Available!

85 posts in this topic

Hi there

Getting into BNW for the first time ever and super enjoying it. Just finished Zozo. I do have a bug though, I can't run from battles. I hold L and R but nothing happens. I've confirmed L and R work in the menus, so its not a key mapping issue.

Any idea? I may have patched the file twice, once with non headered, then correctly with headered. So maybe thats part of my problem? 

Thanks for everything!

27 minutes ago, doctor_dbo said:

Hi there

Getting into BNW for the first time ever and super enjoying it. Just finished Zozo. I do have a bug though, I can't run from battles. I hold L and R but nothing happens. I've confirmed L and R work in the menus, so its not a key mapping issue.

Any idea? I may have patched the file twice, once with non headered, then correctly with headered. So maybe thats part of my problem? 

Thanks for everything!

Oh sorry I forgot one more - Gau was able to Leap on the first  section of the starter continent (Narshe, Figaro 1, South Figaro) but couldnt on the second (Kohligen, Jidoor, Zozo, Figaro 2)

Thanks again!

On 11/30/2020 at 6:00 PM, doctor_dbo said:

That is DEFINITELY a problem.

On 12/2/2020 at 12:37 AM, BTB said:

That is DEFINITELY a problem.

Understood. How can I save my current game, so that I can repatch a clean file, but not lose all my progress?

Thank you again

Save data carries over without a problem. Just repatch a fresh ROM and replace your current one with it.

Does "second hand" refer to the minutes hand or the seconds hand of the clock?

edit

Emulator froze, there goes my last hour of progress!

Edited by MysticLord

What does the Storm Belt do on Umaro?

Edit: there is no definition for the Image status in the printme. From my own experience it's an evade and Mevade buff correct?

Edited by NaviHank

14 hours ago, NaviHank said:

What does the Storm Belt do on Umaro?

Edit: there is no definition for the Image status in the printme. From my own experience it's an evade and Mevade buff correct?

Both of Umaro's special relics unlock abilities that he is otherwise unable to to. Try using him with and without each one to see what changes.

Spoiler

If you'd rather just be told, the Storm Belt gives Umaro the ability to throw allies at enemies. It's basically Bum Rush, but will also remove Sleep or Confuse set on the ally being thrown. It also has an interesting interaction with Moogles...

I believe Image makes it 100% likely that a physical attack that is capable of missing will miss. After avoiding such an attack, there is a chance the buff will wear off. There is no interaction with magic evasion.

Having the Image status will disable a character's Cover ability if they have it, so that you cannot set up invincible cover/counter tanks.