Sign in to follow this  
GamingFiend

Beating Seraph esper

5 posts in this topic

This is a rather cryptic/poorly designed fight and one of the complaints I have personally on the mod. Below is the hints/advice:

Spoiler

The two hints for her are the old man NPC nearby (which when you try what he says, it says "miss", so your instinct is either "they translated this wrong" or "the game is broken". Neither is the case. What happens is when she starts praying, THEN you do the trick the old man tells you to stop her build-up attack.

The other hint is when you enter the fight, she comments on how many people are there. If you bring more than 2, her script changes/she becomes much harder.

Barring all this, the effective way to end her is use Stop, spam Siren with a high magic user and any other high-end attacks you can with a party of 4 and just call it a day.

I equipped Siren on a high-MP, hasted character to summon it repeatedly and used Mog's Wind Rhapsody. Seraph never had a chance to use the Sword of Conviction. I don't remember anything about prayer (though I did see that dialog hint).