Darkkefka

Beta testing the game myself

17 posts in this topic

First, lately in the past 2-3 months, I've done a terrible job at staying active. Not just here, but ALL social media. This includes Youtube, facebook, Twitter, and my e-mails. I have however been VERY active on the discords. For those who don't know, we have a discord dedicated to this hack. 2 things that took up all my time was family needs and my practice of speed running Persona 5.

The beta testing concluded a while back, but I was practing P5 at the moment. With that done, I started cleaning up all the problems found in the testing. Fortunitly most of them are easily fixed. Because my youtube account is how my bills are getting paid, I will focus on that first. But sometime next week, I WILL do a live stream of me playing/testing the game myself, as well as fixing any new problems that appear on the way.

This is my twitch channel. www.twitch.tv/darkkefkaffx

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You shouldn't worry about that. Afterall, personal matters comes first (I know that may sound cliché, but it's true). Just do what you gotta do. You should also give time to rest because constantly working on something is not healthy.
It's also good to recieve some updates about your status and also knowing that you're okay.
Glad you're back at this as well, though.
 

Also, is your discord channel exclusive only for beta testers and such? I would like to be part of it and being able to help in some way.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, it's open to anybody on NG+. I'm still new at using Discord. I mainly just post there. As far as making threads and such, I leave that to the experts.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will Live stream tomorrow at 5 PM eastern.
The first 2 hours will be Star Ocean Last Hope. After that, I will live stream Mario RPG ARM from the beginning to the Mack Raid and Fix any problems on the way. I made a little change and I now need to rebalace all the monsters.

Edited by Darkkefka
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

20 hours ago, Darkkefka said:

I made a little change and I now need to rebalace all the monsters.

Everything I touch results in the monsters getting rebalanced... :no:

Looking forward to the live stream!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed the live stream. I spent all day on a plane xD

But I'm totally looking forward to this hack. I know it's going to be awesome. And i'm ok with waiting all it needs to be waited :D

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey DK, I haven't been around to see any streams of v9, but I still look forward to it.

Hopefully the strange "DOW" softlock gets fixed as well.  Found it in v8 hard mode and didn't know if anyone knew about it.

Edited by Darkkefka
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will stream later today when my video is done rendering.it will be sometime around 8pm-9pm est.

Edited by Darkkefka
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MattFalcon said:

Hey DK, I haven't been around to see any streams of v9, but I still look forward to it.

Hopefully the strange "DOW" softlock gets fixed as well.  Found it in v8 hard mode and didn't know if anyone knew about it.

How does this happen?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Darkkefka said:

How does this happen?

Well, I posted the specific scenario in Version 8 Errors, but here's what happened...

 

So, I was fighting Yiazmat in hard mode, looking to get the Holy Rod.  And before I go any further, you should know I have the tendency to fast-forward a lot, so that might be the cause there.

 

Anyways, the setup was Mario, Geno, and Peach, I believe.  So, I fast-forwarded through the spells Yiazmat would cast, while being careful not to fast-forward through the normal attacks.  Then it got to a point where he used Wave Cannon (while I was fast-forwarding), and it says "MDEF DOWN" while displaying damage numbers for each character.  Then, for some odd reason, Peach's damage number doesn't go away, and neither do the letters "DOW".

 

So I tried fast-forwarding for as long as I could (probably 2 minutes) and I'm still seeing it.  So finally, I just decide to load the save state I made before battle and proceed to take down Yiazmat.

 

It might have happened another day when I played, and I think it was the same fight.  But it's been a long time since I played it before.

 

But yeah, I have some more bug reports on the Version 8 Errors topic.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MattFalcon said:

Anyways, the setup was Mario, Geno, and Peach, I believe.  So, I fast-forwarded through the spells Yiazmat would cast, while being careful not to fast-forward through the normal attacks.  Then it got to a point where he used Wave Cannon (while I was fast-forwarding), and it says "MDEF DOWN" while displaying damage numbers for each character.  Then, for some odd reason, Peach's damage number doesn't go away, and neither do the letters "DOW".

The likely cause of this is a memory leak on one of the attacks being used.  To avoid this, end battles more quickly, without using those attacks (I forget which ones).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Doomsday31415 said:

The likely cause of this is a memory leak on one of the attacks being used.  To avoid this, end battles more quickly, without using those attacks (I forget which ones).

Thanks.  That covers one of four things I noticed.

 

Other bugs are the music bug in the fight with P******, the BH beetle trigger bug (no beetle box), and the black screen bug when dying to Elder Drake.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/02/2018 at 7:38 PM, MattFalcon said:

Thanks.  That covers one of four things I noticed.

 

Other bugs are the music bug in the fight with P******, the BH beetle trigger bug (no beetle box), and the black screen bug when dying to Elder Drake.

Yes. Version 8 had hand many memory leaks. All of these are fixed in version 9.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So guys lately my stomach has not been feeling very well. I think I've been lacking sleep. But I'm recovering. I'm planning on streaming Mario for the rest of the week starting tomorrow.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope you feel better soon!

Don't overwork yourself for our sake.  Health before wealth!  :coolguy:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now