Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MCP

How much MP does MagiMaster have?

9 posts in this topic

Please make sure to use spoiler tags in case someone accidentally sees it.

And thank you.

Deciding if Rasp strategy is worth it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MCP said:

Please make sure to use spoiler tags in case someone accidentally sees it.

And thank you.

Deciding if Rasp strategy is worth it.

He has Tree Fiddy.:P

 

More seriously, 40,000 MP. Rasp usually only does a couple hundred MP damage, while elemental weaknesses can do thousands. Given that, spells are the better choices. The way to beat Magimaster is to use the 'opposite' element of whathever he casts. If he casts Fire for example, you will want to use Ice spells.

The best characters for this fight, due to spell variety, is Terra, Celes, Strago, Shadow, and Relm. That said, you will need at least one character for healing duties, which Relm is pretty good for. I usually use Terra, Celes, Relm and Strago, as they can cover most issues that will pop up and usually be able to do damage.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

Elixir heals all HP/MP to 9999, so rasp doesn't work. Elixir wasn't showing any MP healing on Magi Master after rasp or bushido 2 so I didn't notice until later.
FYI my Morphed Terra rasp was doing 1.9k and usually hit around 2/3rds of the time.

I'm not sure about your strategy. Every thing I tried except for Raid and Slow would cause him to auto cast elixir which heals 9999. So unless a character does more than 9999 per attack, it's not worth it.
Are you saying, if Magi master casts fire, and I cast Ice, he won't Overkill with auto elixir?

The only thing I could think of was Cyan bushido 7 tempest with nirvana ring and power gloves for about 3k x 4 with refract to avoid overkill, so overall, doing about 2k damage per round minus some regen which magimaster has. And keep slow applied.

Eventually that kills the Magi Master...

FYI, that was Cyan, Strago, and Terra party so I have regenx, regen, and slow.
Umaro took a "nap".

BNw 1.9.0

Thanks

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He doesn't use Elixirs when you play to his elemental gimmick, or at least he's not supposed to at any rate.
If you're not sure about what his current weakness is when he does a barrier change you can always just use Scan to check it, but even if you do throw a "wrong" spell at him the worst that should happen is it just does no damage. (Or does it absorb? I don't quite remember at the moment.)
I could be wrong on this, but I think you can also technically use non-elemental magic without him using an Elixir, but he does counter stuff like that with a strong attack (Overkill I think?) since it's circumventing his gimmick, so don't use stuff like that too much or you'll die from all the counters. (Though maybe he does still use an Elixir? I don't quite remember in this case.)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, MCP said:
  Hide contents

Elixir heals all HP/MP to 9999, so rasp doesn't work. Elixir wasn't showing any MP healing on Magi Master after rasp or bushido 2 so I didn't notice until later.
FYI my Morphed Terra rasp was doing 1.9k and usually hit around 2/3rds of the time.

I'm not sure about your strategy. Every thing I tried except for Raid and Slow would cause him to auto cast elixir which heals 9999. So unless a character does more than 9999 per attack, it's not worth it.
Are you saying, if Magi master casts fire, and I cast Ice, he won't Overkill with auto elixir?

The only thing I could think of was Cyan bushido 7 tempest with nirvana ring and power gloves for about 3k x 4 with refract to avoid overkill, so overall, doing about 2k damage per round minus some regen which magimaster has. And keep slow applied.

Eventually that kills the Magi Master...

FYI, that was Cyan, Strago, and Terra party so I have regenx, regen, and slow.
Umaro took a "nap".

BNw 1.9.0

Thanks

 

15 hours ago, A Dummy said:

He doesn't use Elixirs when you play to his elemental gimmick, or at least he's not supposed to at any rate.
If you're not sure about what his current weakness is when he does a barrier change you can always just use Scan to check it, but even if you do throw a "wrong" spell at him the worst that should happen is it just does no damage. (Or does it absorb? I don't quite remember at the moment.)
I could be wrong on this, but I think you can also technically use non-elemental magic without him using an Elixir, but he does counter stuff like that with a strong attack (Overkill I think?) since it's circumventing his gimmick, so don't use stuff like that too much or you'll die from all the counters. (Though maybe he does still use an Elixir? I don't quite remember in this case.)

Magimaster, if he casts Ice for example (meaning he's weak to Fire at that point), and one of your characters casts Wind, will take no damage (he will not absorb the damage). The big thing is avoiding having Shell on a character though, as he throws out Quasar whenever a character with Shell is in play, as well as having your characters trying to do the opposite elemental damage to whatever it is he is using.

As for my reasoning for the characters I suggested is those characters will be able to do Fire, Ice, Bolt, Water, Wind, and potentially even Holy damage, which covers most of the elemental weaknesses that will appear during the fight, along with the fact that Relm and Celes will have access to the Rerise spell.

Trying to Rasp him to death, or using other things usually results in Overkills and Elixers, but I'm glad you were able to get around that particular boss. I hoped this info helped somewhat though, and if you have issues, feel free to ask.

Amusingly I have a level 50 Umaro I use in some of the more annoying battles, and it's amusing how damned useful the 'useless' character can be.

Edited by GLH
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Spoiler

Strago's non elemental attack we learn from Hidon caused Overkill and elixir auto response.

Aquarake also caused the same response, but he wasn't weak to water at the time.

I have a save state mid fight, so I can go back and try it out just for my sanity.

LOL about quasar and safe. I thought he just would cast that sometimes. It never seemed out of the ordinary.

Anyways, I like this game because I can plan long term safety and it actually matters. Having mana regenerating matters, e.g. blitz or battery.

I spent an hour trying the rasp strategy, so I was able to just change up my tactics after an hour.

Edited by MCP
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2018 at 8:55 PM, A Dummy said:

He doesn't use Elixirs when you play to his elemental gimmick, or at least he's not supposed to at any rate.
If you're not sure about what his current weakness is when he does a barrier change you can always just use Scan to check it, but even if you do throw a "wrong" spell at him the worst that should happen is it just does no damage. (Or does it absorb? I don't quite remember at the moment.)
I could be wrong on this, but I think you can also technically use non-elemental magic without him using an Elixir, but he does counter stuff like that with a strong attack (Overkill I think?) since it's circumventing his gimmick, so don't use stuff like that too much or you'll die from all the counters. (Though maybe he does still use an Elixir? I don't quite remember in this case.)

MagiMaster responds to any non-elemental damage with Overkill+Elixir. In his second phase, he will start using Overkill to counter *any* damage.

Spoiler

He also stops countering non-elemental damage with Elixirs at that point, too.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just beat the Magimaster a moment ago. Relatively easy fight if you know what you are doing and stacked M.Def/M.Block.

While we're on the topic of Fanatic's, is it just me or was the secret switch/room removed? Unless of course I'd forgotten where exactly it was.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0