• Gau
    • Shadow
    • Setzer
    • Mog
    • Strago
    • Relm
    • Gogo
    • Umaro
  2. 2. Honorable Mentions (choose as many as you'd like)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 posts in this topic

While BNW 2.0 isn't yet "officially" released, the beta version is currently largely finalized with only inconsequential changes left to be made and we've reached the point of steering all new players towards playing it. So with that, I unveil the brand-new MVP thread for a new version, now with more voting options!

Please do take a minute to vote for your favorite character(s) after playing (and please do actually finish the mod before you do) since it's more than just a popularity contest - it's extremely useful feedback for gauging how well the characters are balanced.

Edited by BTB

Setzer ends up being my MVP for ultimate meme Slots. Triple-BARs has a lot of potential; even if you don't get what you're looking for, the result can still be super useful.

Edgar gets an honourable mention for taking 51 damage from Havoc Wing and ~250 damage from a single target Bolt 3 from Kefka...or something. Not dying is a useful trait.

Celes still get my vote for MVP, going in a Full HP build (with Seraph then later Crusader) she is an amazing tank, has so much HP that she won't die unless hit by statut effect, she can still dish out high damage with Illumina Proc with Cover/Counter set up against single target or ??? for AoE as ??? now scale more with HP than Stam (and take note that when I played the beta last time ??? was still glitch, so I was only able to test it against Final Boss) and can still use her selection of spell to do some decent healing and buffing, and you can adapt to do whatever you want her to do with her vast selection of equipment.

As for honorable mention I would say Sabin with a hybrid build of Stray and Terrato, yeah Stam Build is now good he gets a lot of HP and Stam to strngthen both his Regen Tick and his Mantra and Chakra blitzes, Aurabolt is an excellent offensive option especially if the ennemy happen to be weak to Holy, later in the game with Lazy Shell and other equipment to bump his Defenses and Nirvana Band and Auto-Regen Relic he can perfectly stay safe in the back row and heal his allies that are in the front row attacking or give them MP.

And for a second honorable mention Shadow with a Phantom Build, thanks to the Wind Katanas being Stam base Phantom Shadow has now a great AoE option that rely on a stat he can get EL from and isn't a consumable, late game Mutsonokami's Aero Damage are impressive and with Kagenui Shadow can potentially proc Aero twice, add Counter or even Cover/Counter possibility for even potential proc and he can clean the screen very fast as long as their is no wind immune ennemy, and everything else that define Shadow is still true he still have the Scrolls for some good elemental damage, Image, Haste X, Regen, Rerise and Phantom and Fenrir.