About This File
This is a Python 3 script with a bunch of text files used for randomizing Mega Man Battle Network 3. I've taken some liberties to make it more interesting to use. Credit goes to Mountebank/Samfin, Dabomstew, Prof.9, Rockman.EXE, and potentially other people I don't know about/forgot for the original MMBN3 Randomizer I found on Github.
- Supports both Version White and Version Blue! Thanks, Hart-Hunt!
- The original randomizer featured randomizing of Numberman Code Prizes that give Battle Chips, Battle Chip Folders, Green Mystery Data, and Virus Formations. Those are still here!
- Lots of text files. They hold a bunch of data that you can mess around with to some extent. Just be sure to back things up in case something goes wrong.
- Various modifiers are asked of you right off the bat when opening the script. These include Battle Chip Damage and Enemy HP Multipliers and Variance Values, as well as a Custom Run seed and a "Chip Code Roulette" Mode!
- If a Run Seed is not supplied, it will generate one based on the current time.
- More details, including sourcecode, potentially newer builds, and other resources can be found at the program's Github page, located here.
- The rom must be a clean US copy of Mega Man Battle Network 3.
- Messing with the text files in ways you probably shouldn't mess with can lead to errors, crashing, corrupt ROMs, etc. I take no responsibility for any of this.
These checksums are from a clean, self-dumped MMBN3 White rom. If you're going to use this randomizer, you'll need a rom that has these checksums.
- CRC32: 0BE4410A
- MD5: 68817204A691449E655CBA739DBB0165
These checksums are from a clean MMBN3 Blue rom. If you're going to the use this randomizer, you'll need a rom that has these checksums.
- CRC32: C0C780F9
- MD5: 6FE31DF0144759B34AD666BADAACC442
Open Mode Patches
These patches can be used if you want to experience the game in a different way. Make sure to patch the rom with the correct patch BEFORE randomizing it! The features of these patches are listed below.
A built-in Full Library code! This took a while to figure out.(This has been recently disabled.)
- Every area of the game should be open to the player right off the bat.
- You start the game with every email, access to the NaviCust and StyleChange menus, as well as some NCP programs and Key Items for access to various areas.
- Style Changes happen more frequently.
- You have 4 out of the 7 Savefile Stars unlocked right off the bat! No need to fight Serenade, the Omega Navis, or do the Time Trials unless you want to.
- Code for most of this new version of the Open Mode patch provided by NMarkro, a member of TeamBN. Thanks again!
The Open Mode patches, either in combination with the Randomizer or not, can be used for various types of play. Here are a few ideas:
- Bingo Races
- Alpha or Serenade Races
- Time Trial Races or Practice
What's New in Version 5.3 Hotfix 2 See changelog
- Fixed the "enableomega.bin" to not have an offset higher than 0, which causes the game to crash/softlock when you talk to anything in the Secret Yoka Cave. It's also no longer compressed, the program does it for me.
- Fixed the GMD data randomization getting overwritten.
- Added tooltips to everything that was missing a tooltip.
Report this file