About This File
This is a Python 2 script with a bunch of text files used for randomizing Mega Man Battle Network 3. I've taken some liberties to make it more interesting to use. Credit goes to Mountebank/Samfin, Dabomstew, Prof.9, Rockman.EXE, and potentially other people I don't know about/forgot for the original MMBN3 Randomizer I found on Github.
- Supports both Version White and Version Blue! Thanks, Hart-Hunt!
- The original randomizer featured randomizing of Numberman Code Prizes that give Battle Chips, Battle Chip Folders, Green Mystery Data, and Virus Formations. Those are still here!
- Lots of text files. They hold a bunch of data that you can mess around with to some extent. Just be sure to back things up in case something goes wrong.
- Various modifiers are asked of you right off the bat when opening the script. These include Battle Chip Damage and Enemy HP Multipliers and Variance Values, as well as a Custom Run seed and a "Chip Code Roulette" Mode!
- If a Run Seed is not supplied, it will generate one based on the current time.
- More details can be found in the included NOTES.txt.
- The rom must be a clean US copy of Mega Man Battle Network 3.
- Messing with the text files in ways you probably shouldn't mess with can lead to errors, crashing, corrupt ROMs, etc. I take no responsibility for any of this. Make sure you read the NOTES.txt!
These checksums are from a clean, self-dumped MMBN3 White rom. If you're going to use this randomizer, you'll need a rom that has these checksums.
- CRC32: 0BE4410A
- MD5: 68817204A691449E655CBA739DBB0165
These checksums are from a clean MMBN3 Blue rom. If you're going to the use this randomizer, you'll need a rom that has these checksums.
- CRC32: C0C780F9
- MD5: 6FE31DF0144759B34AD666BADAACC442
What's New in Version 3.2.5 (with Open Mode Patches) See changelog
I fixed the Open Mode patches. The Virus Breeder and the End Game are now accessible.
- Yoka Inn has some weird overlapping object quirks that I'm not going to bother to fix.
- The Virus Breeder's object is not physically there, but you can jack into it. I'm considering this fully functional as the NPC for the chips IS physically there after the tutorial.
- If you enter Lan's Room, you might need to read the Email that gives you the Alpha Navicust Program in order to leave.