About This File
This is a Python 2 script with a bunch of text files used for randomizing Mega Man Battle Network 3. I've taken some liberties to make it more interesting to use. Credit goes to Mountebank/Samfin, Dabomstew, Prof.9, Rockman.EXE, and potentially other people I don't know about/forgot for the original MMBN3 Randomizer I found on Github.
- Supports both Version White and Version Blue! Thanks, Hart-Hunt!
- The original randomizer featured randomizing of Numberman Code Prizes that give Battle Chips, Battle Chip Folders, Green Mystery Data, and Virus Formations. Those are still here!
- Lots of text files. They hold a bunch of data that you can mess around with to some extent. Just be sure to back things up in case something goes wrong.
- Various modifiers are asked of you right off the bat when opening the script. These include Battle Chip Damage and Enemy HP Multipliers and Variance Values, as well as a Custom Run seed and a "Chip Code Roulette" Mode!
- If a Run Seed is not supplied, it will generate one based on the current time.
- More details can be found in the included NOTES.txt.
- The rom must be a clean US copy of Mega Man Battle Network 3.
- Messing with the text files in ways you probably shouldn't mess with can lead to errors, crashing, corrupt ROMs, etc. I take no responsibility for any of this. Make sure you read the NOTES.txt!
These checksums are from a clean, self-dumped MMBN3 White rom. If you're going to use this randomizer, you'll need a rom that has these checksums.
- CRC32: 0BE4410A
- MD5: 68817204A691449E655CBA739DBB0165
These checksums are from a clean MMBN3 Blue rom. If you're going to the use this randomizer, you'll need a rom that has these checksums.
- CRC32: C0C780F9
- MD5: 6FE31DF0144759B34AD666BADAACC442
Open Mode Patches
These patches can be used if you want to experience the game in a different way. Make sure to patch the rom with the correct patch BEFORE randomizing it! The features of these patches are listed below.
- A built-in Full Library code that loads on a New Game! (This took a while to figure out.)
- Every area of the game should be open to the player right off the bat, but might not be immediately apparent as to how they're available. Be sure to look out for oddities! (This thing's a bit buggy)
- You start the game with every email, access to the NaviCust and StyleChange menus, as well as some NCP programs and Key Items for access to various areas.
- You have 6 out of the 7 Savefile Stars unlocked right off the bat! No need to fight Serenade, the Omega Navis, or do the Time Trials unless you want to, but the final boss is Alpha Omega because of this. Good luck!
- The opening cutscene had to be completely replaced to make most of this possible.
What's New in Version 3.1.4 See changelog
NOTE: Although you can still randomize BMDs, they're still being problematic when randomized. Hopefully I'll figure out what's going on with them later. The list of changes is below.
- Removed Wind *, Yo-Yo1 G, Iceball M, and Magnum1 A from being fixed Virus Drops (aka they were always 100% drops from their viruses), as the Story chips are now forced into a Shop when Shop randomization is on.
- Added a "Middle Game Navis" section to the Navi randomizer. BubbleMan, KingMan, and Punk are now considered Middle Game Navis, along with their Alpha Counterparts, and will no longer show up early.
- Randomized Chip Codes that appear above the Standard Library (aka Megas and Gigas, all chips above chip #200) to fit the Chip Code Mode selected instead of always selecting the first code only for every chip.
These changes should make the game a bit more interesting, so have fun!
- With version 3.1.4: