4 Screenshots


About This File

This is a Python 2 script with a bunch of text files used for randomizing Mega Man Battle Network 3. I've taken some liberties to make it more interesting to use. Credit goes to Mountebank/Samfin, Dabomstew, Prof.9, Rockman.EXE, and potentially other people I don't know about/forgot for the original MMBN3 Randomizer I found on Github.

Features

  • Supports both Version White and Version Blue! Thanks, Hart-Hunt!
  • The original randomizer featured randomizing of Numberman Code Prizes that give Battle Chips, Battle Chip Folders, Green Mystery Data, and Virus Formations. Those are still here!
  • Lots of text files. They hold a bunch of data that you can mess around with to some extent. Just be sure to back things up in case something goes wrong.
  • Various modifiers are asked of you right off the bat when opening the script. These include Battle Chip Damage and Enemy HP Multipliers and Variance Values, as well as a Custom Run seed and a "Chip Code Roulette" Mode!
  • If a Run Seed is not supplied, it will generate one based on the current time.
  • More details can be found in the included NOTES.txt.

Known Issues/Caveats

  • The rom must be a clean US copy of Mega Man Battle Network 3.
  • Messing with the text files in ways you probably shouldn't mess with can lead to errors, crashing, corrupt ROMs, etc. I take no responsibility for any of this. Make sure you read the NOTES.txt!

ROM Checksums

These checksums are from a clean, self-dumped MMBN3 White rom. If you're going to use this randomizer, you'll need a rom that has these checksums.

  • CRC32: 0BE4410A
  • MD5: 68817204A691449E655CBA739DBB0165

These checksums are from a clean MMBN3 Blue rom. If you're going to the use this randomizer, you'll need a rom that has these checksums.

  • CRC32: C0C780F9
  • MD5: 6FE31DF0144759B34AD666BADAACC442

What's New in Version 1.1.2   See changelog

Released

Fixed a couple of issues with the random name selection. I'll explain.

1) The order of all the names that appear is in a specific order, and each name is a specific size. The file listing all of the REAL names has to be left alone now, as it's in the correct order with mostly, if not completely, accurate names.

2) For some reason, after 256 name entries, the list gets split roughly in half, with the latter half being relocated at another address later in the ROM. I thought it was at 200 (which would've made more sense from a gameplay perspective), not 256. So that fixes a bug with that.

 

I also cleaned up the other two versions I posted earlier today.


0


User Feedback

There are no reviews to display.