About This File
This is a Python 2 script with a bunch of text files used for randomizing Mega Man Battle Network 3. I've taken some liberties to make it more interesting to use. Credit goes to Mountebank/Samfin, Dabomstew, Prof.9, Rockman.EXE, and potentially other people I don't know about/forgot for the original MMBN3 Randomizer I found on Github.
- Supports both Version White and Version Blue! Thanks, Hart-Hunt!
- The original randomizer featured randomizing of Numberman Code Prizes that give Battle Chips, Battle Chip Folders, Green Mystery Data, and Virus Formations. Those are still here!
- Lots of text files. They hold a bunch of data that you can mess around with to some extent. Just be sure to back things up in case something goes wrong.
- Various modifiers are asked of you right off the bat when opening the script. These include Battle Chip Damage and Enemy HP Multipliers and Variance Values, as well as a Custom Run seed and a "Chip Code Roulette" Mode!
- If a Run Seed is not supplied, it will generate one based on the current time.
- More details can be found in the included NOTES.txt.
- The rom must be a clean US copy of Mega Man Battle Network 3.
- Messing with the text files in ways you probably shouldn't mess with can lead to errors, crashing, corrupt ROMs, etc. I take no responsibility for any of this. Make sure you read the NOTES.txt!
These checksums are from a clean, self-dumped MMBN3 White rom. If you're going to use this randomizer, you'll need a rom that has these checksums.
- CRC32: 0BE4410A
- MD5: 68817204A691449E655CBA739DBB0165
These checksums are from a clean MMBN3 Blue rom. If you're going to the use this randomizer, you'll need a rom that has these checksums.
- CRC32: C0C780F9
- MD5: 6FE31DF0144759B34AD666BADAACC442
What's New in Version 1.3.0 See changelog
Fixed even more bugs with how Chip Code Modes were working, to prevent further issues with * codes in the future.
Also included Wii U Virtual Console patches for the roms (which might get removed if people don't want me to include them, but for now they stay). I included them to provide a way to get the Multiplayer-Only chips. Apply the correct patch to the corrosponding rom before randomizing the game to (hopefully) prevent issues.
- With version 1.3.0: