praetarius5018

Lufia 2 - Age of the Sinistrals

130 posts in this topic

Interesting hack, thanks

Did you included the glitched shrine fix and area names?

There's a topic in romhacking.net with a lot of fixes of the US version, fixxer deluxe and others

For some reason I thought this mod was still being worked on, sorry about that. Would it be fine to DL it and play it to the end? 

There's a random chest in AC that give you the magic BETA, with description TODO description

CM sometimes want always the same item, after fight or sleep want the same but sometimes if you give em the item he doesnt want it

CM usually show values after Maxim level up of FFFFF in hex that return to normal after see capsule monsters in menus and changing to another map and looking it again

btw works fine the level up, its ignorable that values

-intentional, the same spell exists outside AC as well; the whole set of spells it belongs to is part of a joke against the people of that town

-I think that is vanilla behaviour

-doesnt really matter, cm exp/level is tied to maxim; i think what happens there is that you have the exact exp that an untied cm would be 1 level higher - afaik they have a separate table with the required exp to next level that needs ever so slightly less, like 3 exp difference at lv20

ok about the magic, actually I'm in the area of Lexis and ship thing so I didn't know it

After level up in AC sometimes the DFP of some characters appear as 999 but its false, after a battle or go to stairs its show the true value.

BTW ok for now and continue playing. That thing of Caron using warp instead the Karlloon name also same a Vanilla bug,
that was fixed in the spanish version.

About the 200 gold when start, it's easy search with windhex "120" in rom and change it, another dialogues are hex values of 1-2 bytes
harder to modify. That thing of MTE or something, I only got part of the tbl from the spanish version

2 hours ago, gadesx said:

About the 200 gold when start, it's easy search with windhex "120" in rom and change it, another dialogues are hex values of 1-2 bytes

harder to modify. That thing of MTE or something, I only got part of the tbl from the spanish version

Nah, I wanted to keep it this way because I always find it strange if you start at exactly 0 in RPGs.
Hey, that dude is a successful business making quite a fortune - 0 gold.
Legendary warrior - Lv1.
Yeah....

I'm up to the Gordovan tower, but he always wipes me with his wave attack. Is it possible to beat him there? Or am I out of his Gades Blade at that point?

On 5/30/2018 at 0:42 AM, praetarius5018 said:

What OS do you have?

In case of Win10 - delete the spyware and get a real OS.

Shit just got real, you had me lol'ing so hard. So kids, don't do Windows 10. :kappa:

4 hours ago, velsper said:

I'm up to the Gordovan tower, but he always wipes me with his wave attack. Is it possible to beat him there? Or am I out of his Gades Blade at that point?

It is possible, though you'll need a lot extra levels and bought spells for stats compared to where you should be/vanilla, especially on hard.

I got a question about the balance, so far I've only bought abilities that I thought fit each character. Will I need to buy everyone everything they need to beat the game at the end? 

Thanks, appreciate it. Rolling around on normal riight now, and that brush with Gades worried me since I was already at level 30 when I ran into him. I'll keep playing leisurely then.

I started Act 2 (3?) with Maxim and Selan as parents, and wanted to ask why the heavy price on resetting the skills? I think it's enough that you have to go and rebuy everything if you want to rebuild your style, personally. Too bad there isn't a way to set up a spell shop to just sell back spells at a vastly reduced level or something.

When there's three times the number of skills than skill slots? I thought you made that many so you could roll with different set ups. Then I saw the cost for the skill deletion, sure ended my bout of curiosity. :P 

Speaking of the skills though, I really am liking some of the later ones a lot. The Venom/super poison and toxic bomb combo are fun. Blitz is pretty hilarious too. 

eh, I originally wanted to limit it to 20 skill slots, proved too much hassle, so I left it at 36.

Plus you have 3 guinea pig characters that leave the party permanently, can always dump some skills out of curiosity just on them.

I'll say this, the balance is really good. The later capsule monster evolutions are squishy but provide a lot of needed firepower if you got a bad load out. I appreciate the drop rate changes too.

Even if I had wanted to, there's not really a lot I can do about CM squishiness/defense.
STR can grow by level, AGL can grow by level, defense only has a flat bonus, so any try to give them more def makes them invulnerable early (high flat bonus) or too fast (AGL) or too strong (STR), ... yeah

This was really problematic for the earth CM Sully since he's supposed to by tanky but slow.
At Lv99 his original rank4 had 627 HP, 345 STR, 28 AGL, 316 DFP, 9 MGR
now that is 770 HP, 581 STR, 182 AGL, 431 DFP, 23 MGR.

and you don't want to know how long I had to adjust numbers to get Darbi5's Lv99 stats "right".

I hope the differences between the Rank4 and 5 forms are somewhat notable, too.

Didn't get an alert you had posted back, my bad.

Well, there's a notable increase in power between the last two Ranks for me. They're useful all game, but at that point they make up for bad life choices. Before the elf temple I rerolled the spell list with the cast to see what'd happen and during that span they were helping keep me alive on the seas while I made my money back.

I meant more in the sense that rank4/5 are similar in relative power but have different "roles"; like Flash4 is more a healer while 5 is more a damage dealer, etc.