Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
instatech159

Looking for a pre-patched ROM

10 posts in this topic

I stumbled upon Sin of Mana watching a Twitch stream a couple weeks ago. The Streamer directed me to this site. I attempted to patch my SD3 eng ROM to no avail. Some technical debt I suppose. I'm running Linux Mint 18 xfce because it runs well on my old, cheap hardware. I'm having trouble finding a tool that will patch my ROM and is supported. If someone would be kind enough to email me an updated, pre-patched version or perhaps guide me through the patching process considering my current distro, I would greatly appreciate it. I have played though SD3 over a dozen times and would love to revisit it afresh!

As a fellow Linux fan I applaud you.  That said, we can't host prepatched roms due to legal issues.  Best advice I can give is to contact the mod creator and see if they can help you out getting the patch working on Linux.

I've exactly 0 idea how any of this works in a *nix environment.
So if that is a general patching problem I'm the wrong guy.

On 7.10.2017 at 0:58 AM, instatech159 said:

I attempted to patch my SD3 eng ROM to no avail. Some technical debt I suppose.

What is the size of the ROM?
Right would be 4096 kb (unheadered ROM), if it is slightly bigger with 4097 kb it is a headered ROM, not suitable for the patch.

If it is the right size, what exactly is the problem you experience?

I'm sadly gonna give you a non-answer, but have you tried just to use wine with the Windows version of whatever patcher you need? Used to do this with the PSX patcher ppf-o-matic all the time.

Do you think it will work if we send you a ROM that is already patched ? Seems like the easiest solution here.

1 minute ago, Nesouk said:

Do you think it will work if we send you a ROM that is already patched ? Seems like the easiest solution here.

Considering its illegality, it's nothing that we offer here on the forums.

^

Not sure what is the problem.

First select the .ips file (the patch). Then select the rom you want to patch.