praetarius5018

Seiken Densetsu 3 Sin of Mana - Discussion

971 posts in this topic

thank you two guys helped =D

I have done that and started yesterday.

and  I have two question:

1.what is mean about "curse:Additionally weapon damage is always shared with 100%."?

Spoiler

Is Secret Shop only have in Bucca? or it is all over world?

Ask this because i have reached the end of Bucca Cave,but i haven't find it :(

and i think Sage Stone is most important ring for my party.

thank you for reply =D

1. you put the curse on an enemy, when that enemy hits you with a physical/melee attack they get the same damage as well (think Diablo2 thorn aura or iron maiden curse)

Spoiler

Secret shop is in desert

Im enjoying your mod but Ive been looking for hours to find the secret shop of rings. Its supposed to be in the desert town but I cant find it anywhere. Ive looked at the readme file and that doesnt help either. Ive been through the desert everyday, every night of each spirit days too. 

Im stck at Lightgazer because he makes healing so weak that he eventually kills me because i cant keep up. I thought that maybe HP draining rings could help.

Thank you, ill check.

I already did spoke to every NPC in both desert towns on every mana day AND night lol

I even finished the original over 12 times ans your hack 2 times,:p

Edited by Maniacodepressif

README:
If a Lv1 tech hits an enemy shortly after they start their attack or cast a spell, you've performed a counter-attack which deals increased damage (depending on weapon).

I feel a bit cheated by most of the elemental weaknesses of enemies...especially God Beast's! :P
I guess it's by design but they all seem to be strong against the element they should be weak to...

Anyhow, I was looking for ways to mod the game and I really can't find any tools other than save game editors.

The only thing I feel like changing is the name of the equipment. At this point, I would prefer if the equipment was names simply by their attributes. It would be ugly but a lot less tedious than looking back at the excel file.

I would probably simply mod it for myself and/or share the separate IPS file to only apply that change to current and future versions for people that would prefer it.

Thank you :)

12 hours ago, Maniacodepressif said:

I feel a bit cheated by most of the elemental weaknesses of enemies...especially God Beast's! :P
I guess it's by design but they all seem to be strong against the element they should be weak to...

eh, I just followed a bit different logic than square on this

Spoiler

Lightgazer: shadow is just absence of light, so adding <nothing> to light changes nothing; you're better off blocking the light out by say dropping a mountain on the source

Fiegmund: we are at "sub-zero" so no energy in the environment to sustain fire or really any movement at all; so if everything is an unmoving mass it'd be better handled with a black hole which collects mass

any other questions?

I had 2 tools for this: a hexeditor and mapjester, a map editor that doesn't - it only let me edit monster levels and which monster spawn; and it also drops important $80 from a huge range of values...

Since I didn't include any translation with this I couldn't change the gear names to reflect their bonus at least a little bit.
Would be cool if you could make this patch available for the public, people would want that.

I'd definitely like a way to know which equipment does what without having to look at the excel, as that's pretty much the only thing making me and my friends too lazy to play effectively

can I dsiable/turn off random mob spawn setting?

because it make saber spell a little bit useless exspecial when three mob with three different weakness lol

Mobs would still have different weaknesses even if you disabled that.

Edited by Valenhil

Is there any kind of documentation on which weapons / armors / accessories does what exactly?
Kinda hard to figure out what they do.

Edit: Actually found I file I didn't have in the zip that contains all the info I needed.

Edited by Hawkspeed
found the missing file

All the documentation including mechanics comes with the patch. The weapon/armor/accessory, spell/item, and enemy attribute descriptions are in the xls files in the root folder.