praetarius5018

Seiken Densetsu 3 Sin of Mana - Discussion

971 posts in this topic

100% that then.

the joke is, other sprite transformation effects work on those birds...
should I just silently switch snowman for sleeping? just based on a different resistance?

Edited by praetarius5018

Wouldn't work too well either.
Way back at the early stages of the mod we had some monster with standard attacks that inflict sleep, repeatedly.
Caused weirdness as well..

Hm maybe give Cold Blaze sleep status while the monsters like those Ice Dragons that inflict snowman inflict another status? Like maybe silence, but with the ice physical damage? Might be not that unique but could still be better than having a buggy status effect. 

Edited by smileless

Who says that snowman in general is even the problem?
Against the birds? yes, totally.
But we've had crash reports where snowman can't even be used yet.

Also if I "remove" snowman from the pool of usable status effects we'd have some armors/relics that are useless; well, its not like those attacks happen often in the first place.

Also the closest status effect similar to being frozen solid is being petrified solid - and if I used that there'd be such an uproar.

9 hours ago, smileless said:

The game froze again during the Dragon Emperor fight, I simply used a healing item while the Dragon Emperor was getting ready to cast Spiral Moon. The music is still playing, just the screen is frozen.

No savestate was used.

Now this one sounds a lot like the one I got during Dangaard

8 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

That should be impossible, the game isn't equipped to handle multi status effects in any way - well, in a sane way at least.
Where would those statuses come from?

Beat me I saw this glitch happen very few times so it's very rare, outside of the fact it always happened after ennemy took Reflect damage I have absolutly no idea what cause this to happen.

Thanks for this game.  This is interesting, esp all the neat extra contents.  A request though:  Can you change the spelling for some of the spells?  Specifically, Lise's summons?  Her summon spells are all wrong.  It's not Marduke, it's Marduk.  It's not Iormungand, it's Jormungand.  Lamian Naga is right though (it should have been Lamia Naga, but the Japanese game specifically says Lamian Naga, in Katakana).  Frejya can be spelled Freya, so that's alright.  I don't know why the original creator of the patch decided this was the right spelling, but it's not.  I thought I should mention it.

Edited by Soul Knight

Since the translation is not my work: no.
I don't even know what translation you use since it is not included from my side.

Edited by praetarius5018

Oh?  There's more than one english translation?  I only know of NCorlett+LNFT v1.01 (which is the one I'm using).  I only found out the existence of Trials of Mana official translation after I came to this board, but someone already said that that's not compatible with Sin of Mana (which makes official Trials of Mana obsolete).  What other english translations are there?  Even Romhacking.net only has NCorlett+LNFT v1.01.

v1.00, v1.01, v1.01 with color palette rape, v1.01 with bug fixes, some mixture with other patches, ...

On 5/6/2020 at 10:11 PM, Nesouk said:

Beat me I saw this glitch happen very few times so it's very rare, outside of the fact it always happened after ennemy took Reflect damage I have absolutly no idea what cause this to happen.

I think I got an idea...
did you use a Basilisk Fang or Puipui Grass on the reflectee before? For some reason these "spells" have all status set..

Edited by praetarius5018

HA That might be an idea, I'm not sure I definitly never use Basilick Fang, but considering ennemies land their statut effect quite often on Hard it's very possible I used Puipui Grass.

I see.  I'm using the regular v1.01 (no palette rape, no bug fix -- bug fix is not necessary, since your SoM patch seems to do all that).  Do you know which hex values go with which letters?  Since Iormungand is a rare word, I assume I can just find it by searching, assuming I know which values goes with which letter.  That is, assuming it doesn't screw with your SoM patch.

15 hours ago, Soul Knight said:

Do you know which hex values go with which letters?

I do not. It might even be fun stuff like 2 bytes = 3-8 letters.

Yikes.  Oh well.  Thanks for the help anyways.  Love the game btw.  I couldn't beat Dolan, so I had to come here, to find out what the heck is going on, and apparently, it's one of the most frequently asked questions.  Haha.  I'm not a fan of "in order to beat this guy, you have to do this very specific unhinted thing", but that was already brought up multiple times on this board.

Another weird glitch happened whete the screen "froze" in the lightgazer fight, the boss is moving his eye and two characters are moving their heads back and forth but everything is frozen. Lise was casting buffs then everything went crazy then lol.

34 minutes ago, smileless said:

Another weird glitch happened whete the screen "froze" in the lightgazer fight, the boss is moving his eye and two characters are moving their heads back and forth but everything is frozen. Lise was casting buffs then everything went crazy then lol.

Sounds like Haddaway's "What is Love". 😂 By the way, is the Lightgazer less annoying to target with spells after the latest patch?

6 minutes ago, Serafie1999AD said:

Sounds like Haddaway's "What is Love". 😂 By the way, is the Lightgazer less annoying to target with spells after the latest patch?

I missed it like one or two casts, and missed 2 level 1 tech attacks, but it felt less annoying than before for sure to me

2 hours ago, smileless said:

you make me want to work on this even less than before...

1 hour ago, smileless said:

Why?

because all I seem to hear about is vanilla SD3 glitches, especially the kind where I've no idea whatsoever where to look

Quick question for Praetarius: Will invert armor flip crit rate buff spells like Energy Ball to debuffs, and debuff spells like Analyze to buffs? What about the +10% saber buff?