praetarius5018

Final Fantasy V: Void Divergence - Discussion

227 posts in this topic

Been loving this, approaching the end of it now.

I can't help but have a few questions, though:

1. Are ninja's throws any more powerful than the base games? I feel like having a cooldown has made them weaker otherwise.

2. How EXACTLY does sineshot work? I don't really understand it fully by its description.

3. Assassin seems a bit lackluster because of all the time you need to set up an attack compared to other classes, are there any plans to change that or are there better uses for the class i'm not seeing, like combinations and the like?

10 hours ago, TauzentBlitz said:

Thought I'd give this mod another shot... Right now I'm sitting outside the wind temple trying to figure out who should get what classes. I didn't see any mention of what the green squares mean in the classes file - what are they?

just a leftover from how I distributed the jobs, you can ignore that

10 hours ago, TauzentBlitz said:

Also, this is probably nit-picky but the blue (purple?) guy in the beginner house still claims that passives equipped are replaced with certain actives in battle even though passives are equipped separately now

I knew I forgot something... thx

7 hours ago, booman77 said:

1. Are ninja's throws any more powerful than the base games? I feel like having a cooldown has made them weaker otherwise.

weaker actually; you can throw your legendary or other one of a kind weapons all you want without losing them.

2. How EXACTLY does sineshot work? I don't really understand it fully by its description.

Underlying you still have an atb system here; you need X amount of atb ticks (based on AGL, weight, haste/slow,...) until your next action can get selected.
At 0 (+x times 1024) ATB ticks since battle starts SineShot has 85 power.
At 256 (+x times 1024) ATB ticks since battle starts SineShot has 145 power.
At 512 (+x times 1024) ATB ticks since battle starts SineShot has 85 power again.
At 768 (+x times 1024) ATB ticks since battle starts SineShot has 25 power.
And ofc the fractions inbetween roughly like a sine curve.
A player unit needs about 100 ATB per turn at 30 AGL and 30% weight.

3. Assassin seems a bit lackluster because of all the time you need to set up an attack compared to other classes, are there any plans to change that or are there better uses for the class i'm not seeing, like combinations and the like?

Aside from being the strongest attack - especially considering mp costs - and the protection gained from using !hide it has nothing else going for it currently.
Also why I may add more options to the skill the fundamental mechanic will remain the same.