Sega Chief

New FF8 Mod (New Threat) - Discussion Thread

54 posts in this topic

I'm hyped enough for this that I went and bought FF8 during the last steam sale. 

On 8/6/2018 at 10:15 AM, Sega Chief said:

Late reply, but good news on this front; I've figured out how to do exactly that. I've set 9 as a minimum and no ceiling on how many you can draw at a time.

this is the most important thing that could have happened

If possible, you may consider trying to make it so that certain magics can't be junctioned unless you're a certain level. For example, since Curaga junctioned to hp early is so broken, make it so that Curaga can't be junctioned until level 40. Combine that with a full rebalance of the rewards from card modding and you may have a chance at making the game remotely difficult.

7 hours ago, Foyboy said:

If possible, you may consider trying to make it so that certain magics can't be junctioned unless you're a certain level. For example, since Curaga junctioned to hp early is so broken, make it so that Curaga can't be junctioned until level 40. Combine that with a full rebalance of the rewards from card modding and you may have a chance at making the game remotely difficult.

In mexico's french mod what he did is to make sure that no magic could be gotten before the point of the story he wanted or only in limited amount (aka if you stay LLG you will not be able to get strong magic until the endgame which is balance by the fact that late game bosses were strong even at Low Level) unless leveling up (and so make ennemy stronger) and Card Mod was only available in Disc 4 and only if you get all the cards in the game before Disc 4 (and he removes the possibility to collect cards in Disc 4 so rare card can only be transform one time (and the item they give was nerf no more 100 Megalixir with one card for instance)) which in my opinion was a great idea making Card Mod effectivly a nice reward for completionnist and makes it an ability that upgrade your characters without being to overpowered since Ultimecia's Castle bosses, Omega Weapon and Ultimecia herself were made good enough so that having Card Mod doesn't cheese them.