Sign in to follow this  
Mishrak

1.9 Beta Bug Reporting Thread

169 posts in this topic

Please be as detailed as possible when explaining your bugs.  Also please make sure you're using a clean rom to patch.  If you do make a post, please edit your post rather than make a new one.

1) Per Discord - Flails are proccing the wrong thing: 

[1:26 AM] ClarkThe2nd: in moogle sequence in narshe the flail moogle was setting some kind of web proc with every hit, he attacked 4 times, am I just getting lucky with procs?

[1:26 AM] ClarkThe2nd: aren't weapon procs like 1/4 chance?

[1:26 AM] BTB: Flails shouldn't proc net

[1:26 AM] BTB: Sounds like I muxed up the Kagenui proc and the ITD weapon proc

2) Quicksteal isn't working

I stole the Rename Card from the Marshall in the intro sequence and it consumed Locke's turn. - 1.9RC2

3) There's an invisible enemy on the Soul Train - spooky

https://puu.sh/xqK7U/1682008b09.avi

This is the only place I've encountered this.  Everything else seems fine.

4) Items are getting confused.

I noticed I had 3 healing shivs and a cat hood in my inventory, and was short an iron helm at Kefka @ Narshe.  The likely culprit is the healing event there.

Edited by BTB

3 and probably also 1 are my boo-boos and easy fixes. Seibaby will need to look at 2.

4 is a side effect of the patch that restores your MP prior to the battle of Narshe. Propose ditching it and just have Banon heal you if you talk to him during the fight.

Edited by BTB

Y-equip seems to have gotten a bit glitched:

When you go into the equip menu, and then Y-equip switch to the relic menu and try to change the top relic, the "new stats" pane shows your new stats as if you are unequipping the weapon in the top weapon slot. If you try to change the bottom relic, it shows your new stats as if you are unequipping the weapon/shield in the second slot.

Conversely, if you go into the relic meu and then Y-equip switch to the equip menu, the third and fourth slots don't show the new stats, and the first and second slots double-count themselves. As in, if you go to relic then switch to equip and try to equip an Iron Shield over an Iron Shield, it will show your defense increasing from 80 to 100, and if you try to equip a Buckler over an Iron Shield, it will show your defense increasing from 80 to 95.

Screenshots attached.

Spoiler

Equip to relic screen.pngRelic to equip, second slot.pngRelic to equip, fourth slot.png

Edited by Deschain

That looks like the original problem where it conflates the left and right hand slots with the two relic slots.  Could be that the unfixed version of the hack was used or something.

Quicksteal just sounds like it's missing. EDIT: Confirmed, it's not in there.

I've replicated the issue where Banon gives you 99 Healing Shivs and 97 Cat Hoods before the Battle of Narshe. I took out the MP-Restore patch, and it still happens, so I don't know what causes it. @Synchysi EDIT: It's the Narshe two-party patch.

Here's a fix:

;Change Narshe three-party battle to a two-party battle
	hirom
;header
	;Change number of parties to 2
org $CCC665
db $99,$82,$00,$00    ;Invoke party selection screen (2 groups) (force characters: [$0000])
	;Change starting position of party 1
;Before Kefka's arrival
org $CCC69B
db $D5,$13,$0A        ;Set vehicle/entity's position to (19, 10)
;After Kefka's arrival
org $CCC85D
db $D5,$13,$0A        ;Set vehicle/entity's position to (19, 10)
	;Change starting position of party 2
;Before Kefka's arrival
org $CCC6AA
db $D5,$15,$0A        ;Set vehicle/entity's position to (21, 10)
;After Kefka's arrival
org $CCC86C
db $D5,$15,$0A        ;Set vehicle/entity's position to (21, 10)
	;Remove event script bytes pertaining to the unused third party
org $CCC6B3
padbyte $FD : pad $CCC6C2    ;$FD = event script equivalent of NOP
	org $CCC875
padbyte $FD : pad $CCC884    ;$FD = event script equivalent of NOP

Edited by seibaby

I'm using Celes to Life Setzer/Edgar/Sabin. It's consistently restoring 170-190 to Setzer and Sabin, but 1400+ to Edgar. This is true even if they're all naked.

(Note: I used FF3USME to give them all 90 stamina/magic and 255 MPower, that may be affecting it.)

Also, empty enemy encounters happening in Gogo's save room too.

More updates: Gogo has Throw even if Shadow dies

Soul Box does halve MP on sword procs

The printme lists Giga Volt as lightning, but it's actually wind/lightning

3 hours ago, Deschain said:

The printme lists Giga Volt as lightning, but it's actually wind/lightning

Huh, good catch. That error has been in there for a *long* time.

And to everyone reporting empty encounters, this is because I asked Synchysi to enable encounters in a few rooms that didn't have them before but forgot to specify a pack. I've already fixed this in my ROM.

Edited by BTB

The Life hack patch appeared broken, and I can't really understand dn's code, so I made my own. Although I'm sure dn can fix it, this has the advantage of not consuming free space.

Seibaby's Life Hack:

hirom
;header
	;Spell Effect $1A - Blow Fish
org $C24315
dw blowFish
	;Spell Effect $22 - Stone
org $C23E11
dw lifeStone
	;Stone
;Now Damage = rand(250..500)
org $C23922
lifeStone:
TDC            ;A = $0000
PHA            ;Push to stack
LDA #$FB       ;251
JSR $4B65      ;Random number 0..250
PHA            ;Push rand(0..250)
JSR $3F54      ;Pearl Wind (sets 16-bit A, clears Carry, sets no split loss and ITD)
PLA            ;Pull 16-bit rand(0..250)
ADC #$00FA     ;Carry is clear, so add 250
JMP storeDamage
	;Blow Fish
;Now Damage = Spell Power * 50
org $C240FE
blowFish:
LDA $11A6      ;Spell Power
LDA #$32       ;50
JSR $3F54      ;Pearl Wind (sets 16-bit A, clears Carry, sets no split loss and ITD)
PLA            ;Pull 16-bit A
JSR $4781      ;Spell Power * 50
JMP storeDamage
	;Modify Pearl Wind to also clear Carry
org $C23F5C
REP #$21
	;Step Mine (not modified, but used)
org $C23EC6
storeDamage:
STA $11B0      ;Store Damage
RTS

Edited by seibaby

There were a few patching issues on my end as well, which is why some of the 1.8.6 fixes didn't make into the 1.9 beta. This will be fixed for the next beta release, which I'm hoping to push out tomorrow.

Edited by Synchysi

RC3 is crashing on the first battle in the tutorial.

The battle start noise plays, it fades to black and stays black as the howling winds background music continues playing.

Video in spoilers

Spoiler

UPDATE: I transferred save files over to test random encounters.  Those crashed the same way.  Also checked the headered patch and got the same crashing behavior.  I also cross patched headered and non-headered on the "maybe but probably not" chance that the files were mislabled.  They weren't, both crashed immediately.

Edited by Satarack

I'm a little late with this post, but here are some things to look out for.

You can now prevent Atma Weapon from re-buffing by casting Dispel pre-emptively; you'll get a message the first time you Dispel him after he powers up indicating that his defenses are down and subsequent messages indicating that A) he is storing power again and B) you have removed that stored energy whenever you Dispel him again (i.e. a different message than if you Dispel him after he re-buffs). The re-fight with Atma does *not* exhibit this behavior as I did not have enough A.I. space.

With cover now being more prevalent since it's attached to stamina and to spears, I'm curious to how a multiple bodyguard situation will work. Let me know.

The Life spell should be fixed now. Please test extensively.

The Demonsbane is now anti-undead instead of holy damage and it should proc 50% of the time. Do a run through the sealed Cave with it and let me know how it performs.

Please continue to test how stamina defends against status ailments set my enemy "special" attacks; it should prevent the status (but not the damage) some of the time.

Quicksteal is there, but my patcher is telling me that it isn't making any actual changes to the ROM.

I'll look into it tomorrow. 

Some quirks I've found with cover so far:

When you muddle an enemy, and that enemy is attacked by another muddled enemy, you cover the muddled enemy. That is: Enemy #1 and #2 are both confused. Edgar has Knight Cape. Edgar will block attacks from enemy #2 onto enemy #1, or from enemy #1 onto enemy #2. Edgar will NOT block attacks from an ally onto enemy #1 or #2.

Allies who are in critical will cover allies who are not.

Thanks @Deschainand @Satarack. I went full ham in removing code I thought wasn't needed, which caused the issue with characters covering enemies. The issue with bodyguards in critical health covering healthy allies was due to me forgetting to upload the correct version, so an older version made it into RC4. I'm working on a fix, will post the new code and notify Synchysi as soon as it's verified.

EDIT: Everything seems to work correctly now. I posted the updated code in the patch topic.

Edited by seibaby

Should be multiple issues with cover fixed, actually - near-fatal allies protecting healthy ones and allies protection enemies from muddled enemies. Check for both issues, please.

That's annoying. I noticed I made a typo in the link, so I edited to fix it - but evidently all that did was update the link text and not the actual URL.

It should work now.

RC5: Mt Koltz, Terra had Knight Cape on and had clear. Edgar had Spear. Edgar covered an attack targeting Terra.

Just replicated, Terra w/clear and Locke covered (with knight capes on both)

Edited by Nowea