Sign in to follow this  
Mishrak

1.9 Beta Bug Reporting Thread

169 posts in this topic

RC8: Event at Esper Mountain. Battle fails to trigger, freezes or results in graphical glitch similar to above. SRM and Snes9x State enclosed

Edit (addition): Ahead of Thalmasa, I had ran a few battles to teach Shadow Cure (healing shiv working, maybe could use a growth rate boost?). I had a knight cape on shadow and noticed that I was getting dog block covers. In addition, I don't think I got a single cover counter (appropriately equipped) through the entire run. 

Edited by Mobray

Confirmed it myself on my own set of rom/patch, so it's definitely a thing. Cancel previous comment about encounter stuff, I was mixing shit up. 

Edited by Yuyu
I'm dumb.

• Relm event
  • Hardcoded item index stuff (including Omega Weapon/Soul Sabre, etc)
  • Zephyr Cape and whatever else that needs fixin' with regards to hardcoded spell IDs after the rejiggering of the spell list
  • Interceptor can still interfere with Cover

All I can think of right now.

Edited by seibaby
Confirmed that Intercepter/Cover isn't working as intended

I need to update Cover Knight to fix a few things. Dog block shouldn't synergize with Cover, and in order to fix that, I need to poke into the Hit determination code and add some Cover checks there. While I'm at it, I might as well amend that code to properly halve Evasion when Covering rather than doubling attacker Hit Rate, and whatever else we agreed on in the Cover discussion thread.

I'll have time to work on that next week.

All physical attacks that rely on any sort of accuracy Miss in RC9. Magic works just fine.
Relm has life though. So that works. So does the Ultros fight, despite that.
Also, Strago's Lore's do not toggle on/off depending on if he has the MP or not. (He has less than 24 MP for Aqua Rake, but allows it to be used). According to Satarack, it is a Vanilla bug from when MP drops below the needed MP threshold from using an MP Crit weapon.

Edited by Yuyu

This may be related to Seibaby's cover fix: if I remember correctly, he changed something about hit detection when he made his fix to halve evasion while covering.

9 hours ago, Synchysi said:

There's a faulty branch at C2/232C that branches too far, it should be F0 17, not F0 1A. This is what causes physical attacks to always miss.

Not sure why you changed this... Leftovers from testing/debugging?

EDIT: here's a hotfix for now.

Edited by seibaby

Minor bug with equipping relics. Happens all the time with relics, but doesn't seem to happen with equipping armor.

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=501&height=282

equip a relic

goggles are now equipped, but the stats don't update and the relic doesn't show as equipped until you hit cancel or change screens

RC10, game time displays as 0:00.

Also, Deschain's relic equip bug is in RC10.

Edited by Nowea

Relic bug still exists, too. Looks like something in the menu screen got messed up with RC9, and my gut is telling me it's related to Y Relic Equip.

EDIT: the good news is that timed sequences seem to work properly. So the lack of a timer is a fun feature.

Edited by BTB

Confirmed that RC8 does not have the relic bug and does not have the timer bug, while 9 does, so the changes from 8 to 9 is what introduced both of them

4 hours ago, Nowea said:

RC10, game time displays as 0:00.

Also, Deschain's relic equip bug is in RC10.

Yeah, RC10 was just supposed to make the game playable by fixing the evade issue.

I'm hunting down the relic and timer problems now.

Quick update - I did find the offending patch, but I haven't had time to fix the problem. I'll try to get to it today so I can put out the next RC.

50 minutes ago, Synchysi said:

Quick update - I did find the offending patch, but I haven't had time to fix the problem. I'll try to get to it today so I can put out the next RC.

My hero <3

http://synchysi.firefish.org/ff6p/BNW_v1.9-RC11.rar

4 hours ago, BTB said:

What patch is doing it?

Think's RNG patch, despite having not been touched in ages, was conflicting with another patch that also had not been touched in ages.

So yeah. Dunno how that happened, but the relic menu and game timer should both work in RC11.

Edited by Synchysi

The random encounter patch is definitely in.

I'll have to hunt down the other one. I don't seem to have it. It also wouldn't surprise me if there were a few others missing - the status symbols one, for instance.