praetarius5018

Seiken Densetsu 3 Sin of Mana - Discussion

834 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:

I've no idea what to look for here.

Yeah, sorry I can't be of more help here. I think this is just one of those bugs that can't be traced unless there is some obvious similarity between the memory values of, for instance, Garravilla and Black Hood or Faerie Hat and Ruby Band. (These are the only two switches I can remember for sure.)

How is Kevin's spell list coming along for 2.0?

17 minutes ago, rpschamp said:

Yeah, sorry I can't be of more help here. I think this is just one of those bugs that can't be traced unless there is some obvious similarity between the memory values of, for instance, Garravilla and Black Hood or Faerie Hat and Ruby Band. (These are the only two switches I can remember for sure.)

1A, 1C, 18 - I don't see anything.
I'd be more helpful to know "when" that happens so we can track down the cause..

17 minutes ago, rpschamp said:

How is Kevin's spell list coming along for 2.0?

Tbh, not at all.

24 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:

I'd be more helpful to know "when" that happens so we can track down the cause..

Unfortunately, it's really impossible for me to tell exactly when it happens since I've only noticed it when changing equipment after saving at an inn. It could have happened when saving at the inn or anytime prior, so this seems unhelpful. It's such a rare bug too, and no one else has reported it, so it might not be worth solving.

I have not noticed it in the current 1.2 version yet.

26 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:

Tbh, not at all.

Cool, I'll just check back later at the forum. I'm excited to see what you're thinking of, your other 2.0 classes look awesome.

4 hours ago, rpschamp said:

One other bug I previously reported: sometimes one of the helmets in my inventory will become another helmet in the game. I have seen this happen with multiple helmets, but not with any other type of equipment, so I can't verify whether this bug affects other types of equipment. Sometimes the resulting helmet will be for a character who is not in my party, so I know that I did not just purchase it by accident. Sometimes this is nice, as when my Faerie Hat turned into a Ruby Band, which I promptly sold at profit. But most of the time this causes me to revert to a previous save point or backtrack and buy a replacement if it's not too expensive.

This never happened to me.

Hello everyone!

Having read lots about Sin of Mana, I would like to try it for myself.

But, as Sin of Mana unfortunately is not compatible with the Trials of Mana rom (and I wholeheartedly wish it would be), and as the original Neil Cornett English translation patch is not compatible with the Seiken Densetsu 3 (Japan) no-intro rom, I wanted to ask if there’s maybe any no-intro compatible English translation patch available somewhere so that I could try out Sin of Mana …

(I think to have read somewhere that it might be possible to un-header the patch, but I don’t know nothing about these things plus, if there’s any ready-to-download tools, I fear most tools won’t run on my non-Windows operating system.)

Thank you for your help.

PS: Also, could anyone elaborate on two controls which are stated in the README? Maybe that’s something I might understand after testing Sin of Mana … for now I don’t quite get what Y does and why opening the menu requires Y+B?

Y: use techs (in battle), invert ally/enemy targetting for selected spell (hold while selecting the spell before starting target selection)
Y+B: open menu (out of battle)
Edited by fooness
added second question

Y allow you use your tech in battle and holding it why selecting a spell allow to invert the targetting, like casting Heal Light on ennemies, or offensive spells on your party (has his use in some set up).

I don't get the Y+B thing myself, weither it's in or out battle the menu is open by pressing X, the main menu is open by pressing Start and the inventory menu only by pressing Y out of battle.

Edited by Nesouk

6 hours ago, Nesouk said:

I don't get the Y+B thing myself, weither it's in or out battle the menu is open by pressing X, the main menu is open by pressing Start and the inventory menu only by pressing Y out of battle.

When you press B+Y, it opens the party planning menu with 3x3 submenus, i.e. this one:

SD3-menu.png.aa89d66e1f55fd1e8844883ef4f72317.png

Why it opens with B+Y instead of just Y is probably so that you wouldn't accidentally open the sluggish menu when you're using a tech at the end of a battle.

3 hours ago, Serafie1999AD said:

Why it opens with B+Y instead of just Y is probably so that you wouldn't accidentally open the sluggish menu when you're using a tech at the end of a battle.

Exactly that.
Had it a billion times that a battle suddenly ends while I was about to perform a tech and that hurls me into that menu because there was 0 delay between a monster hitting 0 HP and the game checking for the menu.

On 5/8/2020 at 6:14 PM, praetarius5018 said:

v1.00, v1.01, v1.01 with color palette rape, v1.01 with bug fixes, some mixture with other patches, ...

Apparently, someone asked this question, and you answered this.  There is v1.01 with bug fixes?  Is this bug fix specifically for the translation errors, like the ones I mentioned?