Cross

Plans for 2.0

42 posts in this topic

As to multi-party floating continent, storyline would need to be amended somewhat.  I forget if any justification is given to why only 3 members fight the IAF, but obviously this is done to allow Shadow to join the party upon reaching the FC.  

Would the storyline say the first group is being sent in to clear the path, then the 2nd drop team will join after?  Then you could have the IAF group be 4 members (making those battles easier, but could strengthen the enemies) and the 2nd drop team could be 3 members and they encounter Shadow.

We already have a plan for how it would work, story-wise. We've not discussed any of the specifics outside of the need-to-know circle.

14 hours ago, BTB said:

You need to use your only fast character to neutralize your opponents as much as possible. Relm knows Stop now, which should help.

Cool didn't know that, is it a Esper learnable spell? Don't have the printme right now.

It's learnable from Zoneseek in 1.9, so she won't have it if you're playing 1.8.6.

Awww too bad...so who else would make a slow team work? Edgar perhaps? Or just basically leave room for a super fast damage dealer/support?

Edited by Cross

Strago himself can run crowd control even though he's slow; just focus more on attacks like Bad Breath instead of using him as a nuker.

Ohh right, Bad Breath is learnable, forgot about that. Thanks for the tip! :megusta:

I like the multi-party floating continent and multi-party optional endgame content ideas.

ROM expansion, anyone?

ROM expansion is likely the direction this mod is going, but it's not to be taken lightly. Expanded space means expanded ideas, and that really risks mission creep, turning the mod from a tweak to existing structures to a full blown expansion pack, modern gaming DLC in style. Not to say it won't happen, but it's a bit of a Pandora's box when we get there. 

Version 2.0 will almost certainly necessitate expanding the ROM, but as artemi said, we need to be careful not to go overboard with all that extra space.

Multi-party floating contenent: I'd like at least the option to have magitek here for one more opportunity since the base game so rarely used it and I liked it.

On 12/10/2017 at 11:01 AM, artemi said:

ROM expansion is likely the direction this mod is going, but it's not to be taken lightly. Expanded space means expanded ideas, and that really risks mission creep, turning the mod from a tweak to existing structures to a full blown expansion pack, modern gaming DLC in style. Not to say it won't happen, but it's a bit of a Pandora's box when we get there. 

Final Fantasy T edition already went the "DLC" route, granted none of us english speakers can really play it since it hasn't been translated. And while I do think it's a good romhack, it definitely goes for quantity over quality at times.

2 hours ago, Echoherb said:

Final Fantasy T edition already went the "DLC" route, granted none of us english speakers can really play it since it hasn't been translated. And while I do think it's a good romhack, it definitely goes for quantity over quality at times.

Huh? Really? Didn't know that. Wait you are talking about FFT right?

Edited by Cross

18 minutes ago, Cross said:

Huh? Really? Didn't know that. Wait you are talking about FFT right?

T-Edition is a Japanese hack of FF6. Someone's working on an English translation atm, but it's FF6, not FFT

Ah, I have to see this, gonna check youtube or some shit.

EDIT: Interesting and cool, is it just me or does the Japanese version of the game looks cleaner than the US version?

Edited by Cross

22 minutes ago, Cross said:

Ah, I have to see this, gonna check youtube or some shit.

First place I know of that'd have T-Edition playthroughs is Kain's channel: 

It looks cool and interesting, is it just me or does the Japanese version look cleaner and simpler than the US version?