Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cross

Plans for 2.0

68 posts in this topic

As to multi-party floating continent, storyline would need to be amended somewhat.  I forget if any justification is given to why only 3 members fight the IAF, but obviously this is done to allow Shadow to join the party upon reaching the FC.  

Would the storyline say the first group is being sent in to clear the path, then the 2nd drop team will join after?  Then you could have the IAF group be 4 members (making those battles easier, but could strengthen the enemies) and the 2nd drop team could be 3 members and they encounter Shadow.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We already have a plan for how it would work, story-wise. We've not discussed any of the specifics outside of the need-to-know circle.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BTB said:

You need to use your only fast character to neutralize your opponents as much as possible. Relm knows Stop now, which should help.

Cool didn't know that, is it a Esper learnable spell? Don't have the printme right now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's learnable from Zoneseek in 1.9, so she won't have it if you're playing 1.8.6.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awww too bad...so who else would make a slow team work? Edgar perhaps? Or just basically leave room for a super fast damage dealer/support?

Edited by Cross
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strago himself can run crowd control even though he's slow; just focus more on attacks like Bad Breath instead of using him as a nuker.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohh right, Bad Breath is learnable, forgot about that. Thanks for the tip! :megusta:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the multi-party floating continent and multi-party optional endgame content ideas.

ROM expansion, anyone?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ROM expansion is likely the direction this mod is going, but it's not to be taken lightly. Expanded space means expanded ideas, and that really risks mission creep, turning the mod from a tweak to existing structures to a full blown expansion pack, modern gaming DLC in style. Not to say it won't happen, but it's a bit of a Pandora's box when we get there. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 2.0 will almost certainly necessitate expanding the ROM, but as artemi said, we need to be careful not to go overboard with all that extra space.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Multi-party floating contenent: I'd like at least the option to have magitek here for one more opportunity since the base game so rarely used it and I liked it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2017 at 11:01 AM, artemi said:

ROM expansion is likely the direction this mod is going, but it's not to be taken lightly. Expanded space means expanded ideas, and that really risks mission creep, turning the mod from a tweak to existing structures to a full blown expansion pack, modern gaming DLC in style. Not to say it won't happen, but it's a bit of a Pandora's box when we get there. 

Final Fantasy T edition already went the "DLC" route, granted none of us english speakers can really play it since it hasn't been translated. And while I do think it's a good romhack, it definitely goes for quantity over quality at times.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Echoherb said:

Final Fantasy T edition already went the "DLC" route, granted none of us english speakers can really play it since it hasn't been translated. And while I do think it's a good romhack, it definitely goes for quantity over quality at times.

Huh? Really? Didn't know that. Wait you are talking about FFT right?

Edited by Cross
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cross said:

Huh? Really? Didn't know that. Wait you are talking about FFT right?

T-Edition is a Japanese hack of FF6. Someone's working on an English translation atm, but it's FF6, not FFT

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, I have to see this, gonna check youtube or some shit.

EDIT: Interesting and cool, is it just me or does the Japanese version of the game looks cleaner than the US version?

Edited by Cross
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Cross said:

Ah, I have to see this, gonna check youtube or some shit.

First place I know of that'd have T-Edition playthroughs is Kain's channel: 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks cool and interesting, is it just me or does the Japanese version look cleaner and simpler than the US version?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd check out Poemato's stream of T-edition. He actually live translates all the text, and they are really cozy streamers. It's kind of outdated at this point now, but they said they are going to stream it again, and are working on a translation as well.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it's "Tsushiy-Edition"? Must be a username. Thanks for linking to Mato's YT channel; I'd love to see a re-stream.

Btw, can we talk about the post office in Mobliz? I'm actually a mailman IRL and it's pretty jarring that a letter would have the same postage as a book, a record and a (somehow free) Tonic! Usually it's weight-based, then bulk-based. The actual pricing isn't my job, but I know they would at least be treated and handled differently.

Edited by TimeSpaceMage
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TimeSpaceMage said:

So it's "Tsushiy-Edition"? Must be a username. Thanks for linking to Mato's YT channel; I'd love to see a re-stream.

Btw, can we talk about the post office in Mobliz? I'm actually a mailman IRL and it's pretty jarring that a letter would have the same postage as a book, a record and a (somehow free) Tonic! Usually it's weight-based, then bulk-based. The actual pricing isn't my job, but I know they would at least be treated and handled differently.

I'm pretty sure that if anything's done to the quest they're just gonna shorten it.

Also, Sabin's clearly using Flat Rate Shipping because he's not very smart when it comes to the mail.

Edited by Nowea
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TimeSpaceMage said:

So it's "Tsushiy-Edition"? Must be a username. Thanks for linking to Mato's YT channel; I'd love to see a re-stream.

It is indeed the guy's username. He was around FF6Hacking for a bit a couple of years ago asking questions, presumably while he was working on his hack.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2017 at 11:29 PM, Nowea said:

I'm pretty sure that if anything's done to the quest they're just gonna shorten it.

Also, Sabin's clearly using Flat Rate Shipping because he's not very smart when it comes to the mail.

You would think Lola would be confused, what with her BF shipping her a letter inside an empty box, and then later changing accents.

Btw, apparently poutine isn't Canadian.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know how you get blue a red save points, I was thinking it would be handy to have green save points in certain dungeons where you could switch party members. This would be very helpful in Kefka's Tower. Instead of warping or walking out. I took 3 party's into Kefka's tower and after a while decided one party wasn't strong enough and could use a reshuffle. 

What's your thoughts on this?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had another idea, i might get laughed out of the topic for this one though.

i am missing 3 rages, 2 lores, and the Water Rondo dance, as they are missable after the WoB.

In the readme it says something like there is no missable items in the game, wouldn't this be great if it extended to nothing being missable?

remember in FFVIII when you could return the world before time compression? there is restrictions such as you cant enter towns.

Maybe Cid builds a time machine in the time between leaving the isolated island and getting the pendant.

Maybe not Cid cos if you don't save him the whole thing becomes missable.

if you could got back in time to the WoB there wouldnt really be anything to do except roam the over-world and dungeons and to fight enemies.

i agree its a dumb idea and could be hard to implement anyway.

its still good to get ideas going about how to make nothing in the game missable. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0