praetarius5018

Seiken Densetsu 3 Sin of Mana - Discussion

971 posts in this topic

curse:
20% chance to suffer bonus damage for element of the day on any day even if normally not possible (e.g. light and dark spells). Additionally weapon damage is always shared with 100%.

pressure:
victim becomes harder to heal, useful e.g. to prevent silver knights from healing themselves to full every 2 seconds

1 hour ago, praetarius5018 said:

curse:
20% chance to suffer bonus damage for element of the day on any day even if normally not possible (e.g. light and dark spells). Additionally weapon damage is always shared with 100%.

pressure:
victim becomes harder to heal, useful e.g. to prevent silver knights from healing themselves to full every 2 seconds

Awesome. Thanks for the info boss, I can now see why Curse is now highly sought after.

Curse has 2 effect :
-It gives a 20% chance for spells that the target receive to get a bonus damage as if it was the corresponding day (these include Holy and Dark spells who normally haven't a bonus from day)
-Any physical damage the target does to you it will receive the same damage, additionnally probably due to a glitch the Shuriken, Jutsus and all of Rogue's spells are complete reflected (your character won't even take the damage or debuff while the opponent will take all damage).

Pressure is a simple 75% debuff to all healing the target receive (think Lightgazer's gimmick).

EDIT : Oops didn't see the page had change my bad ^^"

Edited by Nesouk

5 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

-Any physical damage the target does to you it will receive the same damage, additionnally probably due to a glitch the Shuriken, Jutsus and all of Rogue's spells are complete reflected (your character won't even take the damage or debuff while the opponent will take all damage).

To be 100% accurate, if the attacker is cursed it treats his victim as if they have physical reflect attribute.
For regular attacks that results in both the attacker and the target receiving the damage, for "spells" this changes the target back to the caster.

Quick question for Praetarius: Is there a coding reason target inversion with Y wasn't incorporated for item use, or did you just think it would unbalance the game? I get that turning Stardust Herbs into Specter's Eyes is a bit overpowered, but you could introduce some limitations here (Stardust Herbs could be set to have no effect on bosses, for instance), and it would be cool to be able to access the stat-downs through Byzel items and inversion armor.

I felt like it'd distract from the party building too much since it'd give items even more options to overshadow certain classes if you can afford stuff.

For Lord class I definitely want him to have the healer role, which weapon do you think would work better in that regard, the one that increases heal+items or the one that uses PIE to calculate attack? 

Would like to get some thoughts before I decide whether I should ignore STR and increase other stats with a max PIE stat, so he would be able to tank more as well. What do you guys think?

Edited by smileless

If you want him pure support/tank Light Duran should focus on VIT, PIE and INT (INT is for the cast time) if you want to really focus on Healing and support definitly go for the increase Heal Light + Items weapon once it's available, if you want him to heal but also do some damage when he doesn't need to heal use either the PIE weapon or the Fill Tech Bar x3 Tech weapon (since you need to invest in INT and INT add damage to LV2/3 Tech this can be viable to do damage).

Quick question about pressure: Does it proc even when using an item that casts a light spell (Namely Light coin/Wisp Statue)? Since otherwise I'd have no means to apply it with my current party

it works on items but not actually by element but by the actual spell used.
E.g. Demon Breath does not proc curse despite having dark as element.

Yeah, that came out a little misleading since those and silver darts are the only spells that can apply pressure. Good to know items work though!

Hey,

After buying a new armor for Kevin (D/D), I noticed that armor also seems to effect attack speed/delay.

After wearing Wolf Belt for more than the half of the game and now switching to Genbu/Byakko Uniform, Kevins delay is extreme.

Is this a bug or feature?  :)

that should not be the case, no.

are you certain you're not just thrown off between quick and strong attacks (due to different kind of slowdown in new area)?
or any other change?

No, we tested it also by holding down the attack button with 3 different armors, all tests were at the same place.

Seiryuu Uniform -> slowest attack speed

Byakko Uniform -> a bit faster

Wolf Belt -> at least two times faster than the others

This huge difference leads to unequip the new armors, staying at Wolf Belt and knocking enemies like before o.O

And no, except of changing the armors we didn't do anything else.

I get the same 60 / 120 delay with all 3 armors.

The only "differences" were the old known bugs like cooldown not starting when the second hit doesn't connect.

A question, what are the best ways to build God Hand since he is free from the healer role? I also don't quite understand how his final weapon works or how to make use of it.

If you're going to use his final weapon, probably focus on lv1 techs and countering? Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but what the Spiral Glove does is leave the enemy in counterable state for a while longer if you hit a successful counter, so the rest of the party can easily counter it as well. Pair him with Hawk (set to use lv1 tech) and Equip fireblaze on them both and go ham I guess? Don't know how well it would work with AI partners, though

8 hours ago, Kei said:

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but what the Spiral Glove does is leave the enemy in counterable state for a while longer if you hit a successful counter, so the rest of the party can easily counter it as well.

That's exactly what it does

I wonder why my characters suddenly stopped moving during the Mispopm fight, couldn't access the ring, no attack, no movement nothing.

Edit: Probably related to a status but couldn't figure out which one it was

Edited by smileless

I was reading the weapons excel file and in the "Attack" section they are classified as "light, low, medium, medium-heavy and heavy". What does that mean?

Also what do things like "preparation, simple or alpha strike" mean in the Strength and Weaknesses category of bosses?

Edited by Juub

21 hours ago, Juub said:

I was reading the weapons excel file and in the "Attack" section they are classified as "light, low, medium, medium-heavy and heavy". What does that mean?

how much attack value they give. all weapons with e.g. "heavy" give the same attack power but have different secondary bonuses.

21 hours ago, Juub said:

Also what do things like "preparation, simple or alpha strike" mean in the Strength and Weaknesses category of bosses?

just cryptic hints of what they do and don't or you should do/exploit.

So I've played up to Dolan multiple times and never get past him. I understand you have a vision but could you just release a patch for evade fix and the combat changes? I'd like my casual friends who think this game looks fun to play with me and they don't enjoy when I have to make sure we aren't equipped wrong or we have to play these characters. I read all of it I really do but it's a freaking marathon of complexity and text. you did such cool work with the mechanics and it makes the game sooo much better but even on wuss you have to check the docs. 

>My casual friends

When this mod was made exactly because the base difficulty is too casual.

As far as I know Praetarius also doesn't intend to update this anymore.

Edited by Juub

1 hour ago, Juub said:

>My casual friends

When this mod was made exactly because the base difficulty is too casual.

Its not about difficulty it's about flow. I get it, though everybody who plays games doesnt do it for the challenge or to get good. Found his older post on insane difficulty it does what I wanted I hope 🤞 

13 hours ago, ECLECTRIC said:

even on wuss you have to check the docs. 

I don't see why you'd have to check the docs below tough difficulty.
Just put something in every equip slot and you should be fine.
You don't need to upgrade gear at set intervals like vanilla SD3.
Attack and defense scale with levels, the only real changes of equipment are side effects.

2 hours ago, Juub said:

Since when do intentions and reality agree on anything?