Nowea

NG+ Secret Santa 2017 Dispersal Thread!

25 posts in this topic

Based on this post I decided to toss up the Secret Santa dispersal thread right about now. Tag the person who your SS gift is for and share your gift! :)

Edited by Nowea
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't 100% sure what I wanted to make and was simply browsing around and it just hit me "Wallpaper". @Hart-Hunt likes Mega Man [Citation Needed] so I decided to try my hand at making a Mega Man X wallpaper for him. A lack of artistic talent was definitely a hurdle that I had to overcome, but who needs talent when you can steal assets ;)

HH1.png

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my gift for @WicForever

The only info I had about her is that she likes Bon Jovi, so I had to go with that and I made this terrible FrankenChristmasThing, in honor to all Frankenpatches and FrankenWallpapers on the world. The journey wasn't an easy one, but, but the result was so weird it was totally worth it.

Secret GIFt link!: http://a.loudgif.com/2pdhLSu

The message was sent through my phone because I'm on the road right now and I don't have access to my computer, so if anything is weird I'll fix it later.

🎵 Woo, I wish WicForever 🎶

🎵 Wooohooo, merry merry Christmas! 🎶

🎵 Don't give up, just have the best days🎶

🎵Wooohooo, merry merry Christmas! 🎶

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might as well put my thing out since I finished it, plus I'll be busy tomorrow as well.
I made a Mega Man level with the free fan-made Mega Maker for @ronlyn , which I admit I actually have no idea if he likes Mega Man or not but it was the idea I came up with so I rolled with it.
Hopefully it doesn't feel too amateurish, I tried to at least make sure it's not too difficult, but even if certain parts do end up being more difficult than I realize you still get some tools like the Magnet Beam and Rush Coil to help. (Or you can also just run through the whole thing using only the Mega Buster, that works too.)

Download link for the level.
https://mega.nz/#!4Qx3hSpa!liF2ewLBUpQ8mHP3ygMwzZrsMe--mMrUuufEepqIEHc
(I think it can just be placed directly into the Mega Maker Levels folder found in Appdata>Local and it should show up, but I don't actually know from experience)

If you'd rather get it from the in game servers themselves the level ID is 176954
Mega Maker itself can be downloaded from here https://megamanmaker.com/

I'm sorry about there being some assembly required for my gift, but as I said before it was what I came up with to do so I rolled with it.
I'm also additionally sorry if this is bending the rules a bit, as I myself didn't make Mega Maker of course, but I figured it would be okay since it's completely free and all. (And the level itself is still all me putting it together)

Edited by A Dummy
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is awesome! Thank you Nowea for your gift, and thank you everyone for participating!

I'll be posting my gift tomorrow! I'll keep the recipient secret til then 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, A Dummy said:

Might as well put my thing out since I finished it, plus I'll be busy tomorrow as well.
I made a Mega Man level with the free fan-made Mega Maker for @ronlyn , which I admit I actually have no idea if he likes Mega Man or not but it was the idea I came up with so I rolled with it.
Hopefully it doesn't feel too amateurish, I tried to at least make sure it's not too difficult, but even if certain parts do end up being more difficult than I realize you still get some tools like the Magnet Beam and Rush Coil to help. (Or you can also just run through the whole thing using only the Mega Buster, that works too.)

Download link for the level.
https://mega.nz/#!4Qx3hSpa!liF2ewLBUpQ8mHP3ygMwzZrsMe--mMrUuufEepqIEHc
(I think it can just be placed directly into the Mega Maker Levels folder found in Appdata>Local and it should show up, but I don't actually know from experience)

If you'd rather get it from the in game servers themselves the level ID is 176954
Mega Maker itself can be downloaded from here https://megamanmaker.com/

I'm sorry about there being some assembly required for my gift, but as I said before it was what I came up with to do so I rolled with it.
I'm also additionally sorry if this is bending the rules a bit, as I myself didn't make Mega Maker of course, but I figured it would be okay since it's completely free and all. (And the level itself is still all me putting it together)

Of course I love megaman. I'm actually thinking of record my run of it

Thanks @A Dummy

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@pbrand! Merry Christmas!

I based it after your favourite games listed in your profile. I added your name and the logo on the right since I designed it as a desktop background. Also, I have a tendency towards a minimalistic style. If you want any tweaks, do let me know. Hope you like it!

Again, I want to personally thank everyone so far for spending so much time making them gifts. They have been so varied, I love it so far! Keep it up! And for those who haven't received their gift yet, I ask you to be patient! More gifts will be coming up!

Secret Santa Gift.jpg

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SerjTargarien said:

Here's my gift for @WicForever

The only info I had about her is that she likes Bon Jovi, so I had to go with that and I made this terrible FrankenChristmasThing, in honor to all Frankenpatches and FrankenWallpapers on the world. The journey wasn't an easy one, but, but the result was so weird it was totally worth it.

Secret GIFt link!: http://a.loudgif.com/2pdhLSu

The message was sent through my phone because I'm on the road right now and I don't have access to my computer, so if anything is weird I'll fix it later.

🎵 Woo, I wish WicForever 🎶

🎵 Wooohooo, merry merry Christmas! 🎶

🎵 Don't give up, just have the best days🎶

🎵Wooohooo, merry merry Christmas! 🎶

Thank you so much @SerjTargarien! I love it and my fave song of theirs too! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WicForever said:

My gift to you @A Dummy Hope you enjoy it! (It did not like my file...so YouTube it is)

Merry Christmas!

Thank you, it's simple yet also sweet, like getting a Christmas card in video form. (and Final fantasy/Mario RPG themed to boot!)

 

12 hours ago, ronlyn said:

Of course I love megaman. I'm actually thinking of record my run of it

Thanks @A Dummy

That's a relief, I was getting a little anxious when making it that it might not be something relevant to your interests, so I'm glad that it worked out after all.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merry Christmas @Nowea! The first parter is a wallpaper, some modern fuckin' art of Shin Megami Tensei 3 (with a mint 90s picture of the game's/series' artist, Kaneko). Every time you boot up your computer you'll be challenged to a duel, and at some point you will probably cry in anguish and just remove/delete it. Let me know if 1080p is too small/large!

 

The second part is optional for you! If you're up for it, I can immortalize you as an NPC named Nowea in Vindis Saga Tactics. Let me know if this interests you and I can send you a questionnaire about job class/abilities/gender/basic story information/all that jazz. 

matador_duel_1080p.png

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ronlyn, that picture is great! Thank you so much! <3 Merry Christmas to you too!

And I might as well take this chance to say Merry Christmas to everyone. I haven't been active lately, I hardly know what's going on in the forums or the Discord server anymore. Life does get in the way, but hopefully, soon enough, I'll be able to get back to this. As silent as I may be, I do enjoy this community.

But well, without further ado, just on the time limit, I present to you, @SerjTargarien my gift to you!

A disclaimer: since I dunno much of what's going on, the people who post, I haven't been online to ask, and I had very few little info on you, I decided to appeal to the first half of your username, since I'm not familiar with GoT. D: Aaaand I don't really know if you like this kind of music anyway, so it might end up being a somewhat decent gift or a really crappy one. Nonetheless, I really tried to think of something appropriate. I also apologize for the crappy camera quality, since I don't own a decent one. :3 Hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/tmrl0UzcU5o

It gets kinda repetitive, so it's not the whole thing. But still! It was fun.

Edited by Laith
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Laith
You totally chose the important part of  my username, and that's one of my favorite songs. Love the Ibanez, by the way, I have an Iceman with DiMarzio pickups which I'm terrible at playing. Either way, you are either really lucky or more thoughtful than you think before you hit the point.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2017 at 9:35 AM, Kaffe Myers said:

My gift is for @Polaris: A little choir of Kaffes wishing you happy holidays!

http://ge.tt/7PKZBqn2

Thank you, Kaffe! As shameful as it is to admit, however, it should be done publicly: I couldn't listen to it on my phone and only now realized that it was a temporary link. I don't use my laptop to browse very often, you see, I kept forgetting to check. ^_^;
For what it's worth, I've definitely had a lovely time with family, so the sentiment's checked out (and I hope it did for you as well)! Still, mind sending another link so I can give it a listen this time?

That aside, I'm outrageously late with my gift, but thanks to the wonders of digital media I hope to work on it a little more. It's not very original, but here it is: a wallpaper for you, @Lockirby2https://www.dropbox.com/s/afmiv4ahzbyzlt9/Champion.png?dl=0

It might be humongous, among other issues, so tell me how it can be improved. Sizes, extra conquests to add, changes to the sprites, general improvements - don't be shy just because it's free, tell me what I can do to make it more usable/pleasant to look at and I'll do my best! Thank you for your patience, as well! :3

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the gift @Polaris!  The image is great and unique, and it fit nicely on my Desktop after I tweaked a couple settings on Windows.  There are quite a few nice little details in this picture.  No worries about it being a bit late, as I was visiting relatives without internet for the last few days.

If you're going to change something, maybe you could move Goddess away from the rubble?  It's a bit hard to see her down there.  Other than that, it looks perfect. :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Polaris said:

Thank you, Kaffe! As shameful as it is to admit, however, it should be done publicly: I couldn't listen to it on my phone and only now realized that it was a temporary link.

Actually, it's not a temporary link, but I'll upload it again to another service if you have problem with ge.tt. This, however, is temporary (though 30 days, so should be ample time to get the file): https://ufile.io/9vdli

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2017 at 9:43 PM, Lockirby2 said:

My affront to humanity gift is for @Kaffe Myers.  Unenjoy!

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

I listened to it the other day and did my very best to try and figure out what you sang, but no luck there! I'm gonna give it a couple more tries, I had a good laugh the first time around. xD

Thanks a lot. :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I choose to blame the unintelligible lyrics on Google's poor translation services. :kappa:

Edited by Lockirby2
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/12/2017 at 10:06 AM, GrayShadows said:

@artemi, I'm pretty new to the forums so most of what I know about you is that you post a lot in the BNW section... So here, have a FF6 story: http://archiveofourown.org/works/13111734

Let me know if you've got an AO3 username and I'll gift it through their system, as well!

I want to publicly thank @GrayShadowsfor his gift. I haven't heard from artemi, but this guy right here made the most original gift right here, and he deserves a cheers from the rest of the community.

It's not much, but I hope that we can return the good vibes in 2018.

Everyone, thank you for participating, it was a blast as always. I wish you all a happy New Year. Here's a cheers to y'all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now