seibaby

1.9 Release Bug Reporting Thread

148 posts in this topic

Were there any observed instances of slowdown in just regular BNW, or was it only with the randomizer applied?

Now that I've actually tested it, it seems to be the same. I suspect the discrepancy I was noticing before was due to hidden map variables that cause different maps to have different loading times.

12 hours ago, BTB said:

Were there any observed instances of slowdown in just regular BNW, or was it only with the randomizer applied?

8 hours ago, abyssonym said:

Now that I've actually tested it, it seems to be the same. I suspect the discrepancy I was noticing before was due to hidden map variables that cause different maps to have different loading times.

I've noticed this in South Figaro especially (first spot early game it shows up, and from what I can tell, one of the worst areas with this), especially with the Mansion area and the rooms inside of it.

Not sure if this is a bug but I lined up Bars in Setzer's Slots and he summoned Palidor while I was in Celes' spell menu (in Daryl's Tomb if it matters). Celes is whisked off by Palidor, but the active character cursor remains over her empty slot and I am still picking a spell for her to cast. I pick Ice 3 and a few seconds later she lands on the enemy, damage pops up, she moves to that in-between position (before moving back into normal standby position) and immediately casts Ice 3. In the vanilla game I thought Palidor ended all active character turns when they jumped but this may have existed there as well.

Also a small thing; the printme says Chakra Cures MP = 1/2 (Stamina* Level) I think it's supposed to be 1/20 (Stamina*Level).

Yeah, pretty much anything involving Palidor is just in *shrug* territory.

The Chakra formula in the Printme was mentioned earlier; I will correct it in the next update.

50 minutes ago, Vydaera said:

After equipping Locke with the Phoenix Esper, he did not gain any HP as the bonus suggests. (+25%)

What else does he have equipped? HP bonuses don't stack so he probably already has one equipped (just checked that Phoenix equip works on my Rom)

Ah, good to know. I don't remember what I had on him, but it was probably something that boosted HP. Would it be safe to assume that none of the +% bonuses stack? What about things like Counter Chance, or Cover Chance?

There are no relics that directly boost cover  or counter chance, they only enable it. So stacking black belts will not increase counter frequency. Same with Knight Capes.

No shared % modifiers stack, so wearing a green beret and a hero ring will take the highest % and give you 25/25.  Magic cube would give you 50% mp and ignore the others. This includes esper equip bonuses. Damage modifiers similarly do not stack with each other. 

On 4/15/2018 at 2:11 PM, BTB said:

Yeah, pretty much anything involving Palidor is just in *shrug* territory.

Another one of these.

If you think Palidor can save you from Physical attacks, think again.

I used Palidor to escape from the Tonberry's barrage of physical attacks. All of the normal ones missed. But he was able to use 'shank' to kill 2 characters while they were off screen. They still completed their jump attack, followed up by the entered attack (even with sword spellcasts) then fell over and died.

I think the same happens with fighting yeti. I have even seen a floating katana counter with the player off screen.

Sounds like the targeting method used doesn't bother to check for whether a character is in the air. Or the unblockable specials code doesn't check for it, or both.

I don't know if this was intentional, but it looks like Excalibur can't be dual-wielded with another weapon.

I just got it and tried to put it on Locke along with his Valiance and the Excalibur is greyed out and un-selectable.

Similarly, if I equip Excalibur by itself and go to the off-hand slot, all the weapons are greyed out, but shields can still be equipped there.

Edited by JohnFuklaw

1 minute ago, ShadowNinja said:

When a new patch comes out, do you have to restart the entire game in order to use it or can you patch your existing game?

Typically the dev team tries to make it that saves from versions with similar numbering are comparable. e.g. any 1.9 save should work just fine in any of the 1.9 versions but 1.8 saves won't work properly in 1.9

Ah cool. Just wanted to make sure. I started playing recently but it turns out I've been playing the 1.4a version which is quite old and I tried updating it to 1.9 and it crashes. I ended up killing shadow and wanted to play him anyways so I guess I'll just restart fresh with 1.9

1.4? You didn't download BNW from Zophar's domain, by any chance... did you?

In some situations, I get some clipping bugs.
Not entirely sure it is bnws fault.

In some fights, when my cursor half disappears when on "Fight".
Additionally, off-screen characters within the battle window appear right at the top of the message box, squished together(Replicatable by using jump, for example).

36 minutes ago, seibaby said:

That's an emulator issue, commonly seen in Zsnes. Try Snes9x or higan.

Can I use the zsnes saves on either of the two mentioned? Wouldn't like to start over.
And if not... Any way to fix this in zsnes?

The Printme incorrectly lists Terra learning Life 2 at Lv 20 and Fire 3 at Lv 25, when in fact she learns those spells in the reverse order: Fire 3 at Lv 20 and Life 2 at Lv 25.

Also, the monster Io is missing from the Enemies sheet.

Thanks for making this!