seibaby

1.9 Release Bug Reporting Thread

146 posts in this topic

Make sure In-game hooks are turned off, and try it without the MSU-1 mod.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

In Game hooks are used to do thinks like soft-reset button combos in game. They're known to interfere with some games, like BNW. They're a feature to SD2SNES so you'll want to look around in the options of the cart to disable them. I've been told that there's a system menu before you load a game that'd let you disable them.

Edited by Nowea
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No worries. The Super nt has them aswell, so it may have been a double whammy. Funny how it took so long to show up.

I thought it may be a hardware thing. Good to know these things are known.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's worth noting that BNW hasn't really been all that tested with the MSU-1 patch. The in-game hooks thing is a known issue (with SD2SNES, I don't think we've had anyone play and report anything with Super NT yet)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Except now. Im doing an all in one test 😁.

I'm reporting the MSU-1  bugs back to the 'Dancing Mad' guys. I havent found anything really game breaking yet.

The MSU patch is pretty good just a few fading bugs at the moment.

I'll turn off the hooks and see if I encounter the same issue again.

Gonna have to get up off my fat arse to reset the game now😑

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

For the record, the in game hook issue isn’t a BNW bug, it’s an FF6 bug.  It’s listed in the compatability issues on the sd2snes website.

Edited by Mishrak
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a really minor bug, but after you get

Spoiler

"Filth" after going through the Zozo cave

you can inspect the chest again and it gives "Nothing!", after which you can't interact with it. The chest even closes again if you open the menu or goes back one screen (if you didn't check it twice and got the "Nothing!" message).

And, also, can someone please help me with the clock puzzle in Zozo? I've talked to every npc, but I can't get it right.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone in zozo lies, so you have to use process of elimination.  Even if you talk to everyone, I’m not sure you get enough info to know the time exactly, and you might need to guess a few times.  

If you don’t want the hassle, you can probably find a YouTube vid of someone going thru zozo in vanilla.  I don’t think the time has changed, just BNW uses Roman numerals instead of Arabic digits.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2018 at 4:31 AM, Romi said:

you can inspect the chest again and it gives "Nothing!", after which you can't interact with it. The chest even closes again if you open the menu or goes back one screen (if you didn't check it twice and got the "Nothing!" message).

This is an issue with any chest that is handled by an event rather than a treasure object. It's minor enough that I haven't bothered with a workaround, though it's on my list (way down at the bottom) of things to look at.

On 3/24/2018 at 0:47 PM, SuperHario said:

Everyone in zozo lies, so you have to use process of elimination.  Even if you talk to everyone, I’m not sure you get enough info to know the time exactly, and you might need to guess a few times.  

If you don’t want the hassle, you can probably find a YouTube vid of someone going thru zozo in vanilla.  I don’t think the time has changed, just BNW uses Roman numerals instead of Arabic digits.

I don't remember if we changed the time or not (pretty sure we didn't), but even if we did, the location of the correct options hasn't changed (i.e., if the correct hour in vanilla is the third option, it'll be the third option in BNW).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@Synchysi @SuperHario

I went and saw a Youtube vid of an older version of BNW and I finally found the answer to the puzzle! :D

Thanks for the quick reply. Now, to continue with the WoR and (try to) tackle the Brown Dragon with my level 23-ish party!

Edited by Romi
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 10:34 AM, Synchysi said:

This is an issue with any chest that is handled by an event rather than a treasure object. It's minor enough that I haven't bothered with a workaround, though it's on my list (way down at the bottom) of things to look at.

I don't remember if we changed the time or not (pretty sure we didn't), but even if we did, the location of the correct options hasn't changed (i.e., if the correct hour in vanilla is the third option, it'll be the third option in BNW).

The time is still the same, just Roman numerals. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a weird bug that seems limited to the Overworld. Whenever I push my down directional button, I move right. Started occurring after I left the Phantom Forest. If I go back into the Phantom Forest I can move normally. Tried getting in a battle, leaving the forest to the north, and resetting the game, no change. Got a new ROM and patched it and am seeing the same behavior. ZSNES is the emulator. It was occurring on the 1.86 version as well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect that this has no relation to BNW and would also occur on an unpatched ROM.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, fooliscious said:

Having a weird bug that seems limited to the Overworld. Whenever I push my down directional button, I move right. Started occurring after I left the Phantom Forest. If I go back into the Phantom Forest I can move normally. Tried getting in a battle, leaving the forest to the north, and resetting the game, no change. Got a new ROM and patched it and am seeing the same behavior. ZSNES is the emulator. It was occurring on the 1.86 version as well.

I can't imagine how this could be relevant, but have you tried in another emulator? I'd recommend higan or snes9x. ZSNES uses a lot of weird hacks to make up for a lack of hardware-accurate emulation, and testing another emulator will make sure it's not just one of those failing to play nice with a change BNW made. If you're using an external gamepad instead of your keyboard, also give the keyboard a try.

Edited by Bauglir
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Double check your emulator keybinds.  I doubt it's a ZSNES bug or a BNW bug.  It could also be a faulty controller.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

New player here. Started 1.9 from scratch. Playing on BSNES on 3DS. A few errors I’ve noticed:

- the tutorial people say tents don’t exist. I can buy them.

- the tutorial people say that tonics and potions heal fractional HP but they do not

- supposedly stealing from monsters is bad. I just get tonics

- the upper left guard in Figaro’s central walkway has no dialogue

- stooge dialogue pops up during the Vargas battle 

- hitting Vargas with an Aurabolt triggers what I presume is dialogue for suplexing the Doom Train. Kaiser Dragon dialog follows 

Very cool mod. Looking forward to getting to the actual differences in magic and stat building. 

Edited by GeradFigaro
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, GeradFigaro said:

New player here. Started 1.9 from scratch. Playing on BSNES on 3DS. A few errors I’ve noticed:

- the tutorial people say tents don’t exist. I can buy them.

- the tutorial people say that tonics and potions heal fractional HP but they do not

- supposedly stealing from monsters is bad. I just get tonics

- the upper left guard in Figaro’s central walkway has no dialogue

- stooge dialogue pops up during the Vargas battle 

- hitting Vargas with an Aurabolt triggers what I presume is dialogue for suplexing the Doom Train. Kaiser Dragon dialog follows 

Very cool mod. Looking forward to getting to the actual differences in magic and stat building. 

Sounds like a patching issue. Did you patch making sure to patch a clean, unmodified FF3 US rom and patching BNW on it according to headered/non-headered issues. Also, if you're playing Clean New World make sure you're patching that on top of your properly patched BNW rom, so your rom would go from FF3 > Brave New World > Clean New World.

Also, what did you do to get a level 20 blitz before fighting Vargas?

Edited by Nowea
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds like it has patched just the text. So I think you hit the nail on the head with just the CNW patch being applied.

Speaking of the dialog for the doom train. I've seen it in FF3usME but never been able to trigger it in game. I always make sure I suplex the train to see it happen and just cop the consequenses.

Has it been ommitted in later versions of the hack?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah. That makes sense. Does anyone have an MD5 of a properly patched ROM? Will I have to start over?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, F-Bomb said:

This sounds like it has patched just the text. So I think you hit the nail on the head with just the CNW patch being applied.

Speaking of the dialog for the doom train. I've seen it in FF3usME but never been able to trigger it in game. I always make sure I suplex the train to see it happen and just cop the consequenses.

Has it been ommitted in later versions of the hack?

It was never included.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GeradFigaro said:

Ah. That makes sense. Does anyone have an MD5 of a properly patched ROM? Will I have to start over?

You will almost certainly need to start over, yes.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ughhh. Maybe a good feature in the future would be an option to start at zozo. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 bugs I can remember atm from developing rando.

#1 - Auto-equipment events seem to be broken; if there's any slot where the character has nothing to equip, they'll equip all kinds of stuff that they shouldn't be able to. For example, equipping Dried Meat as a helm. This bug isn't in vanilla.

#2 - Fade-ins from menu, battle, etc. seem to be generally a lot slower compared to vanilla.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now