Darkkefka

Version 9 Public Release!!!!

84 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Rafael duque said:

when do you pretend to release the hard mode?

? What do you mean?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I just got the chance to get on this awesome game and I have a couple of questions regarding the new stuff:

1. Is Jump back to how it was in vanilla or is there an exact timing to jump multiple times?
2. When the Bandit threw me his knife, the digits that displayed my damage were flashing blue and I got a pink thing on my character's icon/hp bar. What does that status mean?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

So, I just got the chance to get on this awesome game and I have a couple of questions regarding the new stuff:

1. Is Jump back to how it was in vanilla or is there an exact timing to jump multiple times?
2. When the Bandit threw me his knife, the digits that displayed my damage were flashing blue and I got a pink thing on my character's icon/hp bar. What does that status mean?

Until you acquire better jumping equipment, your jump will be limited :ragequit:

The status is called "full break", and I'll let you determine what it means.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I went and got a new super mario rpg rom that I had on my harddrive in a zip file from 1999 and patched it and now snowy works fine. My theory is that the other rom I was using was patched with v8 and trying the same rom to patch it with v9 causes issues if you already patched it with version 8. Perhaps I am mistaken but this is my theory. Now snowy works with zero issues.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ilovesupermariorpg said:

So I went and got a new super mario rpg rom that I had on my harddrive in a zip file from 1999 and patched it and now snowy works fine. My theory is that the other rom I was using was patched with v8 and trying the same rom to patch it with v9 causes issues if you already patched it with version 8. Perhaps I am mistaken but this is my theory. Now snowy works with zero issues.

I'm glad to hear that fixed your issue!

It would be interesting to see the kind of rom that came out of applying the v9 patch to v8...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other rom was the same rom I was using but it was already patched with v8. My theory is I had to go get a fresh rom that was never patched and patch that with version 9. I will see if I have any other issues as I play this some more tomorrow but have work all day saturday and football is all day Sunday.  I wish this verison 9 could have come out back in june over the dog days of summer lol. But I am greatful it has finally seen the light of day for the masses. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Darkcelestrian said:

? What do you mean?

i mean theat the game in version 8 has two modes  easy and hard my question is when DK will relese the hard mode

Edited by Rafael duque
edit version 9 has to modes and i dont know when hard mode will be relesed
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rafael duque said:

i mean theat the game in version 8 has two modes  easy and hard my question is when DK will relese the hard mode

I get that but you said pretend to release the hard mode lol

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll be pretending to release hard mode in our heart every tuesday for the next month.

The actual release won't be until after DK has had a chance to see and plan for what people do in the content mode.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least, the wait is over!

I already know this is going to be a blast. Packed with extra hard difficulty. 

Thank you DK, and thank you Soon and Yakibomb

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you defend against Shocker? Boywer is killing one of my characters every single round with it and I haven't had a successful defense against it yet. 

Edit: Won on my 3rd try.... managed to block Shocker 2 times in total. X_x

Also, I don't know if I'm messing up the timing on Geno's star gun or if he just only can do ~200 damage unarmed.

Edited by TauzentBlitz
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shocker's block timing is just before the flash.

Timing on genos's gun is normal for the first one. then just before the explosion sound for the second one. Maybe one day I'll make a video showing all of the timings...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darkkefka said:

Shocker's block timing is just before the flash.

Timing on genos's gun is normal for the first one. then just before the explosion sound for the second one. Maybe one day I'll make a video showing all of the timings...

Out of all of the one target attacks, the only ones i never undestood their block timing are Poison and White Breath. Somehow i can easily block Dark Breath, but the other ones seem to have different block timing than Dark one

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GWGGeordi said:

Out of all of the one target attacks, the only ones i never undestood their block timing are Poison and White Breath. Somehow i can easily block Dark Breath, but the other ones seem to have different block timing than Dark one

I wasn't aware dark breath was blockable :smugguy:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

Is there a way to farm them apples that raises your HP?

Max your levels and go to Star Hill.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

Is there a way to farm them apples that raises your HP?

2 hours ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Max your levels and go to Star Hill.

Or sleep in the marrymore SUITE

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Max your levels and go to Star Hill.

And if I do the re-leveling thing. Do I lose my apple boosts?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

And if I do the re-leveling thing. Do I lose my apple boosts?

As Rosalina explains, you do not.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So peach never learns ultima? My theory is I have to go win the ice cave battle vs peach boss to win ultima. Also I am at level 100 with everyone and just defeated bowsers keep. I was able to beat the 3 shy guys. I see the random boss battles are not as plentiful as before. Are all the mails out of this game? Or have they all been moved away?  I also have the theory I must defeat smithy for the final fantasy bosses to then become eligible battles. We shall see if I am right on that. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ilovesupermariorpg said:

So peach never learns ultima? My theory is I have to go win the ice cave battle vs peach boss to win ultima. Also I am at level 100 with everyone and just defeated bowsers keep. I was able to beat the 3 shy guys. I see the random boss battles are not as plentiful as before. Are all the mails out of this game? Or have they all been moved away?  I also have the theory I must defeat smithy for the final fantasy bosses to then become eligible battles. We shall see if I am right on that. 

You'll love how you get the specials this time around.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awww, yeah! It's go time! As I said I'd do, time to inject v9 on my SNES Classic. But, before I do, is there anything I need to be aware of before doing so, glitches-wise?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, face235 said:

Awww, yeah! It's go time! As I said I'd do, time to inject v9 on my SNES Classic. But, before I do, is there anything I need to be aware of before doing so, glitches-wise?

If you want to play on SNES Classic, you'd better wait for the final upload.  This one has some nasty bugs on SNES Classic due to lack of testing...

(the final upload should be in a week or two)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now